Kuhlcoues

How long until cards are hit??

40 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

A buddy of mine called G&F today. The draw is not over and will run from yesterday to friday.  Hits will stop by Friday close of business and results posted by early next week.

That’s their standard response to every draw cycle. It allows them an easy out to not have to talk to all the people who “should have been drawn for hunts that were ALWAYS 100% draw.” Those days are gone…everyone still holding out hope, your only shot is a rejected card tag at this point, IMO. I’ve heard from guys that have drawn deer, crane, turkey and sheep. They have hit all the cards for all the species. They aren’t ran at different times, different species, bonus pass first and so on…again, just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just to add. The hopi hunts are a slower draw, because AZGFD has to verify an applicant with the tribe. Their has been instances when non tribal members have gotten the Hopi Hunt numbers and tried to apply using those.

8 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

So my camp went from many years of every single person drawing every year to none of us drawing this year?  I don’t buy it. 

What unit and hunt and how many points, if your ok sharing, I’d like to see the odds myself. 

1 minute ago, codyhuntsaz said:

What unit and hunt and how many points, if your ok sharing, I’d like to see the odds myself. 

Can’t have more than two points if they draw whatever hunt it is every year. 

• Like 1

Anyone know if these morons have the draw done and then do the charging of cards? Or is it all done together? Seems like they could have the draw done, look everything over, confirm things look right and then charge the cards and be done with it.

It only takes one year for hunts to change and not be drawn 100% of the time. I can't even draw an early WT tag with 3 points that I could draw 100% with 3 points 2 years ago.......It's the reality of the increased population and applicants every year. 

• Like 3

Just now, verdehunter said:

It only takes one year for hunts to change and not be drawn 100% of the time. I can't even draw an early WT tag with 3 points that I could draw 100% with 3 points 2 years ago.......It's the reality of the increased population and applicants every year. 

I don’t disagree when talking about a single applicant or two, but all seven of us not getting drawn?  I still don’t buy it. 

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

So nobody’s kid was drawn for a jr tag, javalina tag? Nobody apply for Turkey tags? 

I got hit for turkey  the other day at 9am 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Wild conspiracy solely for conversation and of course not likely in the slightest, but what protection exists against the thousands of existing antis with $, especially west coast newcomers, that could join forces after realizing they would save a deer for a little over $100/year? 

Bonus points?

Could never happen? 

We can only hope that happens.  As of now funding for what we love falls 100% on hunters shoulders.  If we could only get antis to chip in and not shoot a deer it would be incredible.  Even if they submit a harvest report as a kill, the fact of the matter is they didn’t kill so eventually population objectives would allow for more tags and we could have our cake and eat it too.  Bring them on, hopefully they tell their friends. 

• Like 2

People here are funny:  

The constantly complain about how incompetent the Game & Fish is (or at least their draw system), but they have complete and total faith in their ability to precisely execute the drawing process with the same exact precision they have done in the past, and then form all these baseless conclusions based on that confidence.  

Nobody has a tag yet.  This season is a just a hack-the correct presumption that if you have been charged for a tag you will receive one.  The G&F has not asserted anything and has the prerogative to handle the draw and timing of it anyway they want to until you have been officially notified as either having been “drawn” or “not drawn”.

Honestly, if I worked at the G&F and had any say in the process I would drag it out the way the appear to be doing right now.  Sitting around reading all the whining and theorizing on these website threads would be the most entertaining week of my work year. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

So my camp went from many years of every single person drawing every year to none of us drawing this year?  I don’t buy it. 

Ditto

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, verdehunter said:

Dude we were wrong about the elk draw. I think you’re wrong about the deer draw. The reality is, It’s not done just like the elk draw wasn’t done. 

• Like 6