Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Camping etiquette ( what's wrong with people ? )

What's  wrong  with  people? So my wife  and daughter  wanted  to go camping  over the 4th. So I got the trailer and set them up in a spot in Payson on Thursday.  Everything  is going well  till Sunday  . A guy pulls into our camp and decides  it's a good  spot. My wife  comes  out to ask what he's  doing.   He says he's  setting  up camp. She tells him we are already  here and are expecting  more people  ( me ) .He says I don't  see anyone  and I don't  care . I pulled  in a few minutes  after and got the jist  of what was going  on from  the wife. Went over and asked  what they were thinking? And advised  him we were already  setup and had been  there  since Thursday  and he needed  to find his own spot.  After some insulting  comments  from  him and his wife  ( race related ) they were Hispanic  and we were racist.  I again  advised  him we were there first . He needed to find his own spot. He decided  it was a good  idea to threaten  to beat my a$$ . I just chuckled  and said you need to go. I got I'm going  nowhere  and I'm going  to beat your  a$$ . At that point  I advised  him he would  have a bad day  and probably  not see another.  I always  head to the woods  with  atleast  my 44 mag or 10mm . I forgot  to bring  them . I did have the wife's  357. Long story  short he finally  left.  It wasn't  like there were no more camping  spots  open for him to go.

WHATS WRONG  WITH  PEOPLE?

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

I had a similar incident two years ago, in the middle of the night a large family sets up tents and camp right next to us.  20 yards outside the door right next to our chairs and table.  I got up and asked what the heck but just got met with a blank look and no habla.  They had a truck load of kids and I didnt want to ruin everyones night because their parents we jackasses.  Impolite society and it is made worse once they are outside of the city limits.

People are either afraid to camp alone a mile down the road, or a 100% asshats!  They are asshats!

We bring 2 older tents and chairs, set them next to us, as if they are with us  Works well.

Also. People have no common sense.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Your 1st mistake was camping on a holiday weekend.  

Was the 2nd threatening  murder over a camping spot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Was the 2nd threatening  murder over a camping spot?

I believe the murder came after the threat of having his as$ beat.. and I support that. Act like a tough guy (over a camping spot) and get popped. 

• Like 8

I was that guy one time. I pulled up to elk camp late Wednesday night and just backed the trailer in and went to bed. I woke up to go scout the next morning and realized I was camped 50yds from another hunter. He was up making coffee so I walked over and told him I was sorry and would move camp when I was done scouting. He just laughed it off and said as long as we weren't too loud it wouldn't bother him at all. Every night he would come over and share the days events. We have been friends ever since.

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

I believe the murder came after the threat of having his as$ beat.. and I support that. Act like a tough guy (over a camping spot) and get popped. 

there’s room here for more that one party to be charged with a crime. 

I bet a judge would read this differently  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Your 1st mistake was camping on a holiday weekend.  

The wife's choice  not one I'd make. Usually  we go higher  and never have issues  . She was a little  concerned  about the wilbur fire . I personally  don't  care to camp in Payson. I definitely  like the extra tent idea . I think  it's just common  practice  if your going  to come  into someone's  camp to atleast  ask if it's OK. I would  have fully  understood  if there  wasn't  open spots everywhere  .

• Like 1

Had that happen to me and my family a few years ago. We were in a spot I thought most wouldn't go. Not too far in, but far enough most people wouldn't want to go down that road. Middle of the night, big group of Mexicans (yes, I'll say it, they were Mexicans, it is what it is) pulled in 50 yards from us and setup camp. Played their mariachi crap all night. 

• Haha 1

messed up on his part.

you are quite literally asking for it going camping on 4th of july in AZ.

the woods on 4th of july is a hyperdensity of the dumbest people that camp 

• Like 3

I was on a hunt in Colorado one year and had the same thing happen to us.

Tons of open area to camp but ol' six shooter wanted to camp right next to us.

After they set up camp, I started lightly playing some nice Mexican Corridos.

Didn't take long for them to pack up and leave. 

• Like 1