Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Otc elk. My first rifle elk.

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Thats cool. 

Did your dog show any interest in the blood trail or the still live bull? 

I'm on the can after my shift and laughed out loud at the "growling at rocks he's trying to pick fights with".

My dog is different. He could care less. I actually watched him sniff a cotton tails nose. 

His obsession with fighting rocks is real and this is the first time ever when we stopped and he wasn't growling at them. 

• Like 1

Congrats and great story!

Wow congrats.  This is so cool

On 7/24/2023 at 6:14 AM, yotebuster said:

Awesome!  I wish I coulda got down there for a velvet bull while the gettin was good.  

Thanks. Hire the Hamblin's they seen to always get giants. 

I have to say with candid honesty, I’ve taken a break from this forum due to the cat like retorts between members. I am glad I had a couple minutes during a burrito break and chose the Elk Hunting chapter to flick through, finding your recent post success. It was refreshing, funny, and a good read. Congrats on a hot weather elk hunt! Especially DIY. Nicely done! Thank you for sharing, with pics too!

• Like 5

Seems like you have been after an OTC elk for a while or may be mistaking you for someone else that has posted some stories. Congratulations. They are few and far between.....is the Marlin a 30-30 or .357 or some other caliber? 

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Seems like you have been after an OTC elk for a while or may be mistaking you for someone else that has posted some stories. Congratulations. They are few and far between.....is the Marlin a 30-30 or .357 or some other caliber? 

I've done it the last three seasons. 1st season, I got a depredation tag, which I filled.  Last year, I missed a bunch with my pistol, switched to my crossbow and found a bull that i really wanted but couldn't close the deal. This season I've helped four people fill their tags, including myself.  

It's a 3030. 

• Like 6