Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

September is Prostrate Awareness Month

2 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Took my grandfather and my dads is still in remission ..... 

Sorry about that. For me it was caught early. I'll be 71 soon and feel glad it was caught before it broke out and spread. It is a sneaky POS and can show up in other places later on. I grew up in the 50's on Long Island NY five miles from Grumman where like Motorolla that was on Broadway in the East Valley, it was routine to dump chemicals in storm drains.

Stuff like benzene, carbon tet and who knows what else. We found out decades later. The water table on LI is very shallow, 20-50' in most places so it was common for people to have a well besides city water. It is now referred  to as "The Plume". There are some streets where many many people ended up with all types on cancer in towns like Levittown, Bethpage, Farmingdale, Hicksville and Seaford where we were. Charlie, Rich and Ray were a few years older than me graduating HS in 67 and off to Viet Nam. Charlie was cancer free for a long time but it came back a few years and ate him up. Rich passed within a few months from heart failure long after he had his prostrate removed. Ray, well Ray had cyber-knife and is doing great. Still heavily involved in Scouts.

Just go get checked. Takes all of about 10 seconds, 8 if your Doc has long fingers.

• Thanks 1

My dad passed from it last year.  When diagnosed he was staged 4.  It had spread to most of the bones throughout his body.   Fought for nearly 4 years after diagnosis.  

Brian

We called them short arm inspections when I was in the Army. Not fun to have a Dr poking around the ol backdoor, but it could save your life. Don't disregard a colonoscopy either. Talked to a bud of mine last night that just found out he has colon cancer, he's consulting his Drs on the next steps.

1 hour ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Just tell your doc that you better not feel both hands on your shoulders during the exam! They like that one!

Don’t go for the second opinion either. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

We called them short arm inspections when I was in the Army. Not fun to have a Dr poking around the ol backdoor, but it could save your life. Don't disregard a colonoscopy either. Talked to a bud of mine last night that just found out he has colon cancer, he's consulting his Drs on the next steps.

Back in 2002 a coworker of 20 years died from it after treatment.  6 months in remission it came back. I spent lots of trips to Tucson to see Tom. In the end he knew he was gonna loose the battle. The witch (wifey #3) he was married to was a real piece. Tom wanted to give his stepson some tools so my buddy  Jim went to Toms place out in the sticks and just about everything Tom wanted to give him she said no. His stepson didn't really want anything from Tom but just to spend time with him because he basically raised him and was the only real father he ever had. Now she had buried her last two husbands and had plenty of $$ but was just greedy. Now Tom over the years, way before he married her, would buy company stock and give it his mom for her to live on since Toms dad had passed away years ago. His dad like to paint and Tom had some of his stuff. After Tom passed his Mom asked for the painting back, the witch said you can have them if you give me all of the stock since it was Toms and I'm his widow.

A real evil woman.

The irony of this is, everyone balks at having a Dr.  do a digital exam.  I had a girlfriend who did the Shazam at the right moment pretty regularly   and I never complained, lol.   My annual with my urologist  is tomorrow , most PCs on todays plans skip both the PSA test and the digital  due to insurance BS.  The  extra copay once a year is worth it to me as I  have three friends my age who were diagnosed, and had to have prostectomies.  I’ll take the probing over what they went through.

• Like 2

Heard from a doc one time that weed killer causes prostate cancer/problems.   You won’t catch me on a golf course or on a green lawn.  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Heard from a doc one time that weed killer causes prostate cancer/problems.   You won’t catch me on a golf course or on a green lawn.  

Round Up. Cancer in General. Ask any Cotton Farmer, that's been known since the 90's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Round Up. Cancer in General. Ask any Cotton Farmer, that's been known since the 90's.

I've never heard them say that... How many have you asked?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

What are you a 10th grader.

Why did you take down your inappropriate post that I called you out on? 

It's gone..

I didn’t. Your post is gone as well, how would I delete your post? Smfh. stanly or someone did. HPV turning to cancer is a real thing. Riskier than walking on grass. Now Quit being a whiny kunt.