Need to vent!!

2009 started out great, within an hour of sun up, arrows were flying at Javellina (no success). Later in the day, we find a different herd more arrows fly, one piggy down.

A friend gets stuck, I try to pull him out, snap a CV drive axle, now we are both stuck. Call his cousin, he comes out (it's 9 pm now) he pops two tires on his way out (hit a rock). Get the spares put on and we both get pulled out, still no big deal, great day. Little problems, but that is hunting.

Leave my truck in the hills need to get the CV drive axle. Transfer all my gear into his truck, sleep at this house (take gear inside) morning comes, get the drive axle for $69.00 bucks....great!! Load up his truck, need to get a 35mm socket to get the hub bolt off (it now about 9:30 am). Run into Checkers for 5 minutes. Drive out to the hills, get the axle put on, everything is smooth. Get our cloths changed for an afternoon hunt and then the question gets asked "where's our bow cases"?

Some scumbag stole them while we stopped at Checkers. Me being lazy, I did not want to unscrew my quiver to fit it into my bow case, I gave my bow to another friend to take home (he was going to meet us the next day) so my bow was not lost. However, my friend's bow was in his case along with dozen Gold Tip arrows, broadheads, allen wrenches, etc (he got to hunt one day with his new bow). In my case was over a dozen Easton Axis arrows, 2 + packs of WacEm's, extra string, all kinds of misc stuff.

Getting stuck, truck breaking down, no big deal those things happen. Getting your stuff jacked really, really chaps my hide. I hate to think what would of happen if we caught the scum bag in the act......we'd probably still be the one suffering and in jail, because our justice system protects criminals.

Still after all that, the next day, I have a spare bow get it setup for my friend, go out hunting, arrows fly at piggies......I stalk over a 1000 yds to get within 40 yds of a very nice 4x4 mule deer only to get busted by his only doe (why did I rush the last 20 yds???).

If some body tries to sell an AR Velocity (the bow has some unique add ons that were custom) please let me know.

Pick a spot, let it go!

Redman

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes....nothing pisses me off more then scumbag theives! Someday they'll all get what they have coming to them!

Phil

Wow! That sucks I hate thieves! I would call some archery shops in the area and let them know to look for it they may try to unload it there. I will be hunting with Robert at Broken Arrow tomorrow I will tell him to keep an eye or ear out for it.

Where were you at when it got swiped? and if you have pics get them on here. This site is big enough if they go to sell it or pawn it someone might recognise it. And I hope he gets his bow back and you your case and equipment.

:angry: Ouch! That hurts! Watch the pawn shops in the vicinity of wherever it was stolen as well.

Bret