coueshunter

Family Strengths

I am a chiropractor in Tucson, AZ. My practice name is Kenworthy Chiropractic. I am located about .3 miles north of Ft. Lowell on N Country Club Rd. During chiropractic college, I worked with a doctor that traveled internationally teaching his extremity (arms & legs) adjusting techniques. I really enjoy helping others function at their optimum. If you have noticed that you can't do the things that are necessary for hunting such as pulling back your bow, as easily as you used to, schedule your free initial consultation and we will discuss if chiropractic may be able to help you out.

Dr. Stephen Kenworthy
Chiropractor
Kenworthy Chiropractic
3444 N Country Club Rd #120

Tucson, AZ 85716

520-869-1871

kenworthychiro.com

THIS IS A GREAT NETWORKING TOOL. THANK YOU FOR POSTING!

ABOUT ME:

*LOOKING FOR FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER CAREER!!!

I'M CURRENTLY A RESERVE FIREFIGHTER WITH TONOPAH VALLEY FIRE DISTRICT.

IVE BEEN THROUGH 2 FIRE ACADEMY'S; GCC AND MT. SAC(IN CALI)

I'M AN EMT/FIREFIGHTER

I LOVE WHAT I DO AND WONT EVER GIVE UP WORKING TOWARD A FULL-TIME POSITION.

I'M BLESSED WITH A BEAUTIFUL WIFE, A GREAT HOUSE AND AN AWESOME DOG.

HOPEFULLY THIS POST REACHES THE RIGHT PEOPLE AND CAN HELP ME OUT. IN TODAYS ECONOMY, EVERYONE CAN USE A LITTLE HELP.

Looks like this is the place for introductions!

My name is Nick Jaramillo from Grand Junction, CO. I'm a wildlife biologist/environmental scientist for a consulting company that covers western CO, eastern UT, and southern WY. I also own Bruin Point Habitat Management LLC., which offers habitat improvement design and implementation services to private landowners and land managers.

This is an awesome site and I'm absolutely in love with Arizona. I've been on 2 DIY archery javelina trips and it's already become my favorite hunt of the year. Hopefully this year I'll pull a rifle Coues tag and have another excuse to make a trip to AZ.

Wow don't know why but I just discovered this thread. Great idea.

My name is Jed Nitso I have been employed by the AZ G&F since 2004. First as a habitat tech building water catchments & currently as a heavy equipment operator. You may not have known this but yes the dept has its own heavy equipment section that does a variety of work around the state. From wildlife area road maintenance, cleaning out dirt tanks, assisting on water catchment developments, even weed cutting in various lakes to help anglers & fish when the weeds get too thick. I have been married just over a year, have two boys 9&4 & we live in Payson. I was born in Phx, Raised in Tonto Basin, &went to HS in Payson. Have been hunting & fishing most of my life. I have taken elk & deer with a rifle & elk(2),deer(1), antelope(2),javelina(2) with a bow. I have yet to kill a coues w/a bow so still trying. In the past I have built houses & had a fence business. Good luck to all on the draw.

Wow! hard to believe this thread was started 5+ years ago.

Ill update...

I finally finished school and working as an RN at a tucson hospital. I really love what i do and find it very rewarding too. The pay is good and i work 3 days a week. I can work the begining of 1 week and the last of the next week and have 7 days off with out taking vacation. NICE.

:ph34r:

Hello,

Jeff Mortensen(aka redneck) finally throwin in my glad to be a part of this website shot.

Through the years of my teaching construction trades I have always been able to find a niche in the industry to keep me busy during my summer months. Most of that niche was remodel kitchen jobs because the big cabinet companies focused mostly on new housing. So every year during the summer I would have a couple of kitchens lined up by people who had seen my work and were patient enough to wait for my summer break.

With the economy in the situation it is I have had my niche disappear because the big shops are scraping for business and they have been more willing to do remodels. For the last two years I have been running a summer work crew (teenagers) out at PFFJ (Pigs for Farmer John) here in Snowflake. Having grown up working with pigs for my Dad, and currently teaching woodshop at the Jr. High level I really have no qualms about my summer work but kind of miss the summer cabinet work. Custom cabinet work is very rewarding, working with people to make their cabinet dreams come to reality.

With the recent passing of my mother and father I began to think about my own plight in life and the ability I have to save my family some expense so I decided to build my own coffin. Kind of weird I know. But after diving into this project I have decided to try and create a new niche for myself.

Business Name: Non-Typical Solutions

Logo: rageinthesage non-typical rack with his approval

Motto: If you think you can describe it, I think I can build it.

Owner: Jeff Mortensen

PO Box 617

Snowflake,AZ 85937

928-243-1966

post-2034-1281849635_thumb.jpg

I have built all my boys(4) a bed here is one sample!

post-2034-1281849703_thumb.jpg

A crib I built for my first grandson!

post-2034-1281849858_thumb.jpg

My oak kitchen in my home!

post-2034-1281849895_thumb.jpg

Curry combs built from old bandsaw blades! And miss Daisy!!!

post-2034-1281849995_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your time and holler if there is something I can help you with.

Recently had the opportunity to add a furniture item to my collection, once again for the grandkids. A toy box out of pine with the blue coloring, I love working with this stuff it is beautiful wood. It is so much fun building stuff for the family and then to see Max have a great time learning what the toy box was for was priceless.

post-2034-0-98756200-1300114170_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-57270100-1300114185_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-05401800-1300114198_thumb.jpg

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum.

I was actually referred to CW by Steve Clark the President of the AES at last night's banquet. I have visited this forum several times to read the stories but now I'm a member in need.

I've been unemployed since November of 2010 and aggressively hunting for employment since then as well. My last job for the past 3.75 years was as a Mortgage Loan Officer for the largest bank in the USA. I worked in a call center environment handling inbound calls mostly for our portfolio borrowers. Basically what I did was sell loans for various different reasons. But as we all know, the mortgage industry is in the crapper right now.

Prior to that I was with a co. that did consumer debt consolidation to a low interest rate account. I did that for about 5 or 6 years.

Prior to that I was totally "Blue Collar". I ran a landscape maintanance crew in Paradise Valley at Mountain Shadows Estates.

I've been a tireman at Redburn Tire. I've worked for RE Monk Construction as a yardman/mechanic's helper. I've worked for Empire Machinery as a material handler/mechanic's helper, Red Mountain Machinery, etc...

I have an A.A. from M.C.C. in General Studies.

No need to keep rambling. I need to find job.

If anybody out there can help a fellow outdoorsman like me, any suggestions it would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum.

I was actually referred to CW by Steve Clark the President of the AES at last night's banquet. I have visited this forum several times to read the stories but now I'm a member in need.

I've been unemployed since November of 2010 and aggressively hunting for employment since then as well. My last job for the past 3.75 years was as a Mortgage Loan Officer for the largest bank in the USA. I worked in a call center environment handling inbound calls mostly for our portfolio borrowers. Basically what I did was sell loans for various different reasons. But as we all know, the mortgage industry is in the crapper right now.

Prior to that I was with a co. that did consumer debt consolidation to a low interest rate account. I did that for about 5 or 6 years.

Prior to that I was totally "Blue Collar". I ran a landscape maintanance crew in Paradise Valley at Mountain Shadows Estates.

I've been a tireman at Redburn Tire. I've worked for RE Monk Construction as a yardman/mechanic's helper. I've worked for Empire Machinery as a material handler/mechanic's helper, Red Mountain Machinery, etc...

I have an A.A. from M.C.C. in General Studies.

No need to keep rambling. I need to find job.

If anybody out there can help a fellow outdoorsman like me, any suggestions it would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Welcome! Glad Steve prompted you to join up. It was a great banquet, wasn't it?

I hope you can find someone here who can get you some employment. Where do you live currently?

Oh yeah Amanda, it was a great banquet. I was invited to it this year by a friend of mine that I recruited last year to the AES. He and one of his friends bought two corp. tables and one reserved.

I live in Tempe.

My name is Jason Sherwood I grew up in the White Mountains. Ive lived in the valley for 21 years now. Ive been married for 18 years

and have 3 boys and 1 girl.

Ive owned my own welding buisness for the past 12 years. We do structrual and misc steel fab and erection.

We also do anything from pool fence to horse corrals and shades..

Ive just started a trailer repair buisness also.. We fix jacks, hitches, gates or just do custom work

to your trailer. Hunting, Quad, Landscape..

My brother and I have a safe buisness. We are dealers for Champion and Cannon safes. We are in the

process of doing a web site so we can advertise and be a sponsor here on CWT.

I also have a sign post setting company for real estate agents.

I build and set all my own post..If any of you are agents give us a try..

You can email me at couesj@cox.net

Here is a custom quad trailer I built.. We put all our camp stuff underneath quads on top.

Picture2023.jpg

Picture2022.jpg

Hi my name is Stephen Forrest: I recently added my name to the ever growing list of members. About a year and a half ago I lost my "good" job installing/troubleshooting satellite systems and Internet sat systems.sad.gif I currently provide transportation for various agencies and insurance companies taking disabled,school age, and at risk kids and adults to and from appts. In my spare time I like to fabricate and build things out of metal (mostly). My brother Rick owns Sonoran Bowhunting Products her in Tucson where I was born and raised. I have one son 9 and he loves to go out with me. See story Javelina Hunting "Arizona Style" in the Javelina forum, he took the pics. I also posted a thread in he trail cam forum on fabricating "real" security boxes for your cams. If you need a real box made contact me here or at stephenforrest70@yahoo.com

post-5396-0-50289000-1306612267_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-49632500-1306612324_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-03086100-1306612369_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-09270700-1306612414_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this forum it is great to see the diversity of professions out in the field!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Elkhunter1
  • Like 1

Back in September I quit my job at QT and started working as an electrician. I am now a first year apprentice inside wireman for IBEW Local 640. I am working on the Fab 32 project for Intel in Chandler. I have been doing it for about 6 months and love it so far ;) . I just wish I had decided to do this sooner.

Wow, this was a long time ago. I finished the apprenticeship just over two years ago. I have worked on different jobs, both big and small, across the valley. Since October of '09 I have been back at Intel and I am currently a foreman for Rosendin Electric.

Over 27,000 views for this thread, very cool.

Regardless of this having nothing to do with hunting, selling tickets to a fellow hunter would put me in a great mood.

If you ever need any sort of event tickets and I mean ANY ctrtickets.com is the place to get em and if you use the promo code: "cheap" you'll get an even better price.

MLB, NFL, NBA, Hockey, Soccer, Nascar, Country Thunder, ANY Concert, Extreme Sports etc. etc. etc

Check it out and congrats to everyone else who drew an october 21 tag ;)

Link wont work... just go to ctrtickets.com and dont forget, promo code: chea

I'm new to the board. Recently moved to Gilbert from Northern Utah hence the name "Norty". I fly fish around the west and have hunted all my life. I have my first Coues tag this year and I'm really excited about it.

For work I do home and auto insurance. I work at an independent agency in Scottsdale called Bennett and Porter Insurance. I write with companies like Hartford, Travelers, AAA, Metlife and many others. Our rates are great and we dont tie you down to one company. Let me know if your auto rates are keeping you off the mountain and i'll hook you up.

Kyle