Sign in to follow this  
coueshunter

7 deadlypins

Who has experience with the Spott Hogg 7 deadly pins? I am going to buy a new sight and want one with enough pins to go out to 80 yards and this seems to be a good choice. Please let me know what you have experienced in this sight or another that fits my bill..............Allen Taylor.......

I havent gotten any new goodies for my bow in the last few years. I do shoot a 7dp. I like it alot. Thin wall ring around it, small level and fine pins. Its hard enough w/ 7 pins in there all the shaving off the stuff helps

I would check into either a single or three pin moveable sight. I been shooting a moveable sight for the last three years and love it. You will find out what a big different there is between 75 and 80 and I suck at gapping pins!

Montana Black Gold "Flashpoint" sight thats is what I shoot and have pins from 20-110 yards. Not quite as pricey as spot hog either. it comes in a 7 pin an can add pins to it easily if u need to.

I have three of them and love them so far no problems with any of them.Make shure you get the one with the wrap it makes a bid diff.

Allen I have one on my bow and highly reccomend the SDP to everybody who is willing to spend the money. The adjustments for the pins are very easy to use and they are probably the strongest out there! Also if you go with the microadjust for the adjustments on the bracket it will make dialing in even easier. If you want to see one setup just let me know and I can let you look mine over in detail.

I had one for about a week, i hated the adjustments it was a pain having to use two screws just to move the pin. i didnt like that i would try the flash point or i believe its axel that has a very nice sight with pins that go down in size for longer shots. thats my thoughts.

Tyler

I have the SDP sight and absolutely love it! I would also recomend the micro adjust and the hogg wrap, both make a huge difference and are worth every dime! I've been shooting with this sight for the last five years and IMO this is the best sight out there.

-Tracy

been using one since they came out several years ago. I love everything about it. I was in the same boat and tried 3 or 4 different sights until I bought the 7 deadly pins. I have shot several elk, deer, pigs, and cyotes over the years.

allan , i have the hunter hogg it with 7 pins and once you get it set right its a great site, the sdp does not have 3rd axis adjustments as the hogg it does , if i had the money to get a new site i would get the axcel armotech hd they make it in a 7 pin it has the bight pins and has 3rd axis adjutmetns,, i think its a very durabloe site and my buddy special ordered some in 9 pins so if your gap was too big you could use the last 2 pins for 75 and 85 yards,,, just my 2 cents give me a call if you have any questions... Carl

Best sights Ive ever shot with, Lifetime warranty, 2x, 4x and 6x lenses available if you cant see at distance like me,, easy to tune, very accurate!

I shoot a Hogg It with 7 pins, my business partner shoots a Hunter Hogg It with 7 pins, and two of my installers shoot the 7DP w/ micro adjustment. The consensus in my cabinet shop is yeah, go with the Spott Hogg.

I agree the sight is rock solid. Spendy, but worth it. Lately I have been leaning more towards Cody's line of thinking, though. I don't like gapping pins at longer distances, and I think the 3 pin + slider would clear up the clutter of 7 pins. Just not sure I can bring myself to change from the 7dp because it is so nice.

Don't have the SDP. Still shoot the Black Gold Dusk Devil 2. I like it. Add lots of pins with ease and not nearly as pricy. Kind of an older sight, but works good for me.

Yes!- I really like it. If $ is no object I would order it with 8 or 9pins , the micro adjust / 3 rd Axis and definitely you want the wrap.