Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

WWYD?

Theoretical question of course....

Closest road to a site that you have been placing salt is about 1.5 miles away and the trek to get there covers a pretty substantial vertical climb. The salt lick was started 3 summers ago and last summer was the only time you skipped and didn't have a camera on it but decided to see if there were still animals coming into it this summer. You get there only to see that someone has placed their own camera over the salt lick you had started.

What would you do?

A. Freshen up the salt and place your camera on the tree next to it.

B. Say forget it and skip that spot this year.

C. Steal their camera.

D. Leave them a note and find out what they are scouting for.

E. None of the above

Put another camera on the main trail leading thus making a newer spot!. That''s how public land hunting goes. Good luck.

ER

The other guy must be doing his legwork to find a place out of the way on public ground. The cam doesn't mean he will hunt it, nor have you said that you will be definitely hunting it. Freshen it up, hang your cam and maybe you will meet another good guy. A friendly note cannot hurt.

Yup ...set yours up and leave a note and if he calls you that means he probably was a decent fellow

and you could compare notes.

If he calls you from a blocked number (screaming and cussing) you could probably just chalk up that cam

as missing in action. :lol:

The other guy must be doing his legwork to find a place out of the way on public ground. The cam doesn't mean he will hunt it, nor have you said that you will be definitely hunting it. Freshen it up, hang your cam and maybe you will meet another good guy. A friendly note cannot hurt.

Very good advice,

The other guy may of thought someone stopped using it with the condition he found it. I have found if you do not stay on top of keeping salt fresh "every 4-5 months" they appear to look old and run down.

I would also leave a note with a cam.

I carry laminated business cards for that reason. Haven't had the chance to leave one yet. On guy put his treestand 40 yes from one o my cams. I haven't been back since, i got other places w/ bigger bucks. Really irked me though. If i cam across a cam on a spot id leave it be or leave a funny pic.

Just go there on hunting season/opening day start calling for predators and shoot your gun left and right!! :D :lol: :P

Ernesto C :blink:

a pile of you know what with some toilet paper on the salt lick should do the trick, and of course all caught on his camera!

What would you do?

A. Freshen up the salt and place your camera on the tree next to it.

B. Say forget it and skip that spot this year.

C. Steal their camera.

D. Leave them a note and find out what they are scouting for.

E. None of the above

What about option "F": covertly :ph34r: check his SD card every couple of weeks; allowing you to put your camera somewhere else. :P :P :P Just kidding!!! :P :P :P I like option B or put your cam on a trail leading to that area. If this guy is getting good pics on his cam, he will probably be bummed if he sees another cam on the next tree over. Also, the more people traveling to that area may just bump the animals out of there; making it bad for both of you.

Wear a gorilla suit next time you visit so he can have some pics of a Yeti, and wait for news to get out as he announces it to the world, then you will be able to find out who it is and tell him to move his camera. :P

wire a claymoore up to it.

in powerplants they use a lot of this stuff called prussian blue. you use it when you scrape big bearings to get the right lube path. it's greasy stuff that is deep blue and one spot of it will end up all over you. guys always put it on the ear piece of phones and doorknobs and stuff. make a helluva mess. i vote to put prussian blue on the camera so the guy gets it all over him. you hafta wear it off. no soap will cut it. that or shoot his camera with a shotgun. or move someplace else and start another one so in a couple years somebody can come and steal it too. Lark.

Wear a gorilla suit next time you visit so he can have some pics of a Yeti, and wait for news to get out as he announces it to the world, then you will be able to find out who it is and tell him to move his camera. :P

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

pour laundry deturgent on the salt and then wave to the camera. LMFAO please do not listen to my ideas they are very stupid. LLOL

I would leave a note. Say whatever you feel.

I like:

"Thanks for scouting one of my favorite spots"

"You are the second best guide I ever had"

"Say you are a researcher and ask for any pictures of deer presenting with certain symptoms of disease"

Ha ha ha

I like the gorilla suit too