mbiewer

ham weekend report!?!?

So... maybe everyone is still out inthe field... any success stories for the opening weekend for the ham hunt?

Iwanted to be out there (37b) on opening morning for my hunt, but reality had different plans for me. Gotta settle for the second weekend (luckily thats an option) ....

so maybe there will be a few left. Was hoping to see the pictures, and or stories form those succesful this weekend

Firday I found all the same sign that was here 3 weekago. Saturday I had some one bust a heard about 100 y to my right. We wandered into a few straglers I drew back and my peep tube came untied. About 20 mins later I found 1 byhimself at the bottom of a wash. I drew but there a small yacca he was standing behind so I pass on a shot. Never had a nother opportunity. I'm cooking breakfast now and we ll head out to try again.

nitemann, congratulation on yout pig. That's a great picture.

Can't get enough of these pigs. :)

TJ

We spent yesterday out in 37A and came up with nothing. Lots of tracks, rooting, and scat, but couldnt get a view on any pigs. Anyone else out in 37A?

I was helping some buddies in 20B, we got 1.5. 1 pig was hit, however we were unable to recover. Things are tough as nails and even a 50cal if placed wrong will not stop em. Lots of pigs both days, just lousy shooters.

I missed 2 different ones Friday in 23. I thought I had more patience........ Still like someone here said: The only thing worse than not getting a pig, is getting a pig. :lol: :lol: At least I got some exercise. And I'm going back Friday for more exercise. :blink:

Oh, and nice picture and nice gun, Nitemann.

Well were home now just those 2 missed opportunitys. Friday Saturday and 1/2 Sunday 12.4 miles. I ll get out again next weekend.

After this week end I have officaly found more dead heads than I have sheds. I found 2 small muleys dead heads amd a perfect coyote sckull this weekend. Life time total 3 deer dead heads 1 shed.

post-4310-1297039554_thumb.jpg

Went to 27 today with my oldest son. We didn't see any javis, but saw lots of elk and tons of turkeys. One huge group of older toms were strutting and gobbling like crazy. I figured 27 might be a long shot for pigs, not an area that I've consistently seen them, but figured I'd give it a try, if nothing else, to learn the unit better. It was a fun day for both of us getting to see so much game and play with the thunder chickens, but didn't even find any good pig sign. Prolly the last tag I burn on 27 for piggies. I'll be out next weekend in a different area. Maybe it will be better.

Had a downright miserable time in 20B.

Woke up Friday morning to lows somewhere below freezing. Didn't get going to our spot til well after sunup. Saw nothing move all day. We ended up driving from Bumblebee back to the Walmart at Happy Valley and I-17 to get a tent heater and lots of cold medicine.

Didn't see anything yesterday except for a pair of muley does around noon.

Woke up this morning to a lot of wind. My cold is now five days old and not getting any better. Headed home today to nap, do laundry, watch the Superbowl, etc.

We are planning on heading out to a spot by Lake Pleasant tomorrow morning where I have seen javelina many times before. Waiting for this Nyquil to kick in, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with pictures.

Well were home now just those 2 missed opportunitys. Friday Saturday and 1/2 Sunday 12.4 miles. I ll get out again next weekend.

After this week end I have officaly found more dead heads than I have sheds. I found 2 small muleys dead heads amd a perfect coyote sckull this weekend. Life time total 3 deer dead heads 1 shed.

you sure thats a dog skull? looks like a javelina to me.