Elkhunter1

What broadhead do you use?

slick tricks, strikers and spitfires. slick tricks and spitfires have killed deer and javelina with great results. havent shot anything with the strikers but this is the year they get used. these all fly great out of my bow so far.

Thunderhead 100's,been shooting them for 18+ years.They work great,no need to change.

I am getting great insight to what us CWTers kill with. I seriously appreciate all of your responses. Keep them coming and gooooood luuuuuck hunting this year. I hope to see a lot of BBD on the site in the coming months.

Ill have a qiver of montecs and inverders. I have not killed any big game animals with a bow. Just a few birds with blunt tips.

100 grain Silver Flames... Might switch to 100 grain single bevel Maasai's

J

Good Choice B) . Those are one serious head.

I'm so tired of hearing mechanical broadhead stories, it turns my stomach. I don't even shoot Jackrabbits with those things.

I haven't found a reason not to shoot a fixed, cut on contact, 2 blade head for any animal on the planet.

I like the Magnus Snuffer SS and Stinger 125 grain heads. Very durable heads that are guaranteed for life. Free replacement if you mess them up too bad. That's a deal I can't refuse!

• Like 1

Heat, I love the stinger also. Gonna run one through a deer in cali this weekend. Solid head.

I shoot Well built Sharp Pointy ones. They always seem to do the job ! B)

There are a lot of good heads out there to choose from. I've had good results with most fixed blade heads manufactured by the major players. There is some cheesey stuff on the market that I would steer away from like the lower end Eastman heads ect. There's a reason they are priced cheap !

Wasp, Nap, G-5, Muzzy, Wacem, Shuttle, Slick Trick, Magnus and others make Good solid heads that perform well.

IMO, the older mechanicals with front deploying blades are more prone to failure, cartwheeling and Kinetic energy loss than the newer designed cam action rear deployment type of head.

Penetration and Sharpness is key to quick clean kills. Always pick the right head to match your bows KE level. Don'try to push more blade surface through an animal than your bow is capable of.

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.

Wow lots of fixed blades. If I go fixed blades MONTEC all the way

But nothing flys like my T3s

I used to love the second generation Tekans too. But moved to the T3's

Not a fan one bit of the Rages. Cant get myself to drink and Like their Kool-aid.... Its not that Im a fan of G5 or their products I feel the montecs are probably equal to the the Hellraisers and similars but I do feel that their mechanicals are SOLID which when I hold rages I think if I drop one it might break.

I bought a dozen muzzy 100 grain broadheads and i can't get those things to fly straight to save my life. Any suggestions on getting them to fly true?

First question I have is are they in-line with your fletching? Is the spine of you arrow stiff enough? What poundage and speed are you shooting? Are they grouping at all, if they are you need to re-sight your bow to their point of impact.

I bought a dozen muzzy 100 grain broadheads and i can't get those things to fly straight to save my life. Any suggestions on getting them to fly true?