NitroAZ

A Bear from yesterday

Well with record high temps on Friday my honey hole paid off again. In a 24 hour period I had 5 bears come in. The first afternoon yielded a large sow and cub. On the second Day I was about to climb into my tree stand when I heard a noise, I looked up the hill and saw this bear coming in, I detached my safety harness, untied my bow and waited for her to come into the water. As she walked in I snuck over to within 15 yards, after spending 1 minute or so in the water she began to turn around so I drew, when she stopped she was facing me but a few seconds later she turned enough to give me a quartering shot. The arrow entered the shoulder and exited the opposite rear quarter, she ran about 70 yards and piled up. I can't get over how fast the Omen Pro is at 70 #'s, it helped that Wac'em leave a serious path of destruction. While I was taking photos and skinning her I had two other bears walk in on me.

post-2299-0-86036400-1338746663_thumb.jpg

Nice job! Were you down in one of the 34/35 hunt units in the south? Is that a scar under the bear's eye?

Nice bear congrats!

Was this in AZ and am I not seeing the hunts that are open now? Nice bear!

There are archery permit hunts in a few of the southern units right now.

post-2299-0-72841400-1338789770.jpgYes, I was hunting one of the sothern units, I've drawn this tag the last few years and have shot several neat colored phased bears. Since I shot this bear yesterday my Smart Scouter has been sending me pics every few hours. One of thebears looks to be a big blonde, I'm sending one of my friends down there Tues to try to get a crack at him.

Congratulations on a very nice bear. Sounds like you got a good spot for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Congrats on the Great Bear! You must have HUGE Balls to put a Smart Scouter on public land in Az. I have had so many camra's stolen that I have a hard time keeping track. Good lukc and I hope your buddy gets a Bear.

Adam