Sign in to follow this  
BML

Kaela's First Pig!

A little late with the story, but I have a good excuse. I left for my first coues deer hunt in Mexico 2 days after she killed this pig. :P

Around September or so of 2011 I bought my girlfriend her first bow after she expressed so much interest in joining me on my archery hunts. She busted her arse shooting every day to get ready for the 2012 archery pig hunt. I tried a brand new tactic that year and it was a miserable failure to put it nicely! She never saw a pig. She was not deterred, though, and continued to shoot and improve her skills all summer long.

Come August she joined me on the deer hunt and nearly shot a gorgeous 3x3 coues! She stalked him all the way to 30 yards while he fed and just like those coues deer always seem to do he noticed her while she waited at full draw for him to clear the bushes. Game over!

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago on opening day of this year's pig season. With the help of a great friend Kevin, I think he goes by azhunter85 on here, she and I had a plan and we were ready!

Here's a link to our blog with her story!

http://azhuntingadventures.blogspot.com/

This was also my first real attempt and running a camera on a hunt. The footage turned out pretty decent. I have a few things to learn still, like don't point the camera at the ground! Oh and make sure the dang lens is clean! haha. Rookie mistakes for sure!

I strongly urge you to watch all the way to the end of this video. It's a stripped and cut down version to make it easier for you to download.

Kaela worked so hard for this pig and after a couple heartbreaking misses she finally gets it done and proceeds to completely break down afterwards. It's not often that we get to capture such an emotional moment on film but I'm sure glad I did. Harvesting your first big game animal is a memory that all us hunters will never forget!

http://youtu.be/vaZ_oj9NwkQ

IMG_1329_zps6b09b4d6.jpg

IMG_1331_zps27c94fbc.jpg

Congrats to Kaela. Nice that you got the memory on film too!

Very cool! Congrats to Kaela. She kept it together when it counted. Were you woofing or was that the pig woofing?

Holy crap Kaela that was something else.. From the stalk to right up to the shot I was there with ya. Great job of getting it on video as well. Congratulations on an emotional first kill. Awesome! Welcome to our sport.

TJ

That was great! Congrats Kaela! Thanks for sharing Blake. I sure wish I'd had a video camera with us.

Congrats Kaela! Thank you for sharing that with us!

Great hunt! Really cool to see someone get their first harvest! congrat to the both of you! Great video and thanks for sharing!

Sooooooo cool! Congrats Kaela..... Simply, awesome. Loved the video, good job on capturing all the emotions of the hunt!