Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

2 1/2 Times the Number of Elk and Pronghorn Applicants

So I got an email from AGFD on the day application were supposed to be due saying that the online system was over loaded due to there already being Two and a half times the number of applicants for elk and pronghorn as there were last year. Who knows how many more applicants submitted theirs during the extension period. I'm sure this will drop the draw success rates pretty low. Only reason I can think caused this surge of applicants is that with the online system you don't have to front the money for the tags in the form of a check.

What do you guys think the outcome on draw odds will be and what might have caused the large increase in applicants?

It was online last year too. Not sure why there are that many more. Perhaps it is the "improved economy". Nah!

• Like 1

So I got an email from AGFD on the day application were supposed to be due saying that the online system was over loaded due to there already being Two and a half times the number of applicants for elk and pronghorn as there were last year. Who knows how many more applicants submitted theirs during the extension period. I'm sure this will drop the draw success rates pretty low. Only reason I can think caused this surge of applicants is that with the online system you don't have to front the money for the tags in the form of a check.

What do you guys think the outcome on draw odds will be and what might have caused the large increase in applicants?

2 1/2 times? I have a VERY hard time believing that number..... Think about it practically and logically. :blink: Seems I've seen statistics that have shown year over year that haveing the on-line system vs. paper does not make that significant of an impact on the number of applications. Suppose the actual numbers will come out soon enough.

To answer your question, the impact to the draw odds will end-up being impacted exactly proportionately to the number of applicants. As said before though, I can not imagine there is any possible way that there were actually 2 1/2 times the applicants. ;)

S.

:)

Your probably right on Not having to put up all that cash up front. Few other ideas that come to mind.

More hunting shows on tv about Arizona hunting and it seems a monster is almost always killed.

Some monster elk and speed goats have been killed in the last few years. Just look at some of the pics posted on this site.

I believe that they may have been refering to 2.5x the number of online applicants. Last year there was a lot of skepticism about using it and its reliability. I would guess that most of the new applicants were folks who switched over from paper apps last year.

• Like 3

the 2.5 times they were referring to was the amount of traffic the website encountered on the last few days of the online draw. (first deadline). They designed this years system to handle more than last year's number of applicants during the "last minute rush" period. This year exceeded last year by 2.5 times on those days. Not overall applications.

It could be referring to the online system. I didn't think of it that way when I read it. Here's a quote from the email "We actually had 2 ½ times more applicants than at the same point last year"

the 2.5 times they were referring to was the amount of traffic the website encountered on the last few days of the online draw. (first deadline). They designed this years system to handle more than last year's number of applicants during the "last minute rush" period. This year exceeded last year by 2.5 times on those days. Not overall applications.

I took it this way as well.

online=2.5 times the number of PROCRASTINATORS that put it off until the last minute, of course G&F is going to extend the deadline, more money for them

The current administration has encouraged more procrastinators and deadbeats. Hey obama wheres my free Elk tag.

• Like 4