AZ8

Correction period eliminated

/>

The thing I dont like about the 365 license is I always buy a license in September for the spring draw which means it will expire in September before the fall deer and elk hunts. Is this expiring license going to be a problem when applying for fall hunts? I guess its just time to buy a lifetime license and be done with it.

Just buy the license on June 1. That will cover the draw in June, October and the following year for the February draw

June 1st??? Then your screwed on the spring bear hunt that goes until July 31st...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I might be getting this confused with Utah. I don't want to pass on bad information as I've been looking at several states' rules and regs lately. But wasn't there a "clause" that made the permit valid even if the license used when you purchased that tag happens to expire? For example: Like Lance mentioned, if my hunting license expires June 1st but my bear tag/hunt ends on July 31st, I'm still ok?? I thought I read that somewhere but might be confusing it with Utah..

Guest oneshot

I'll take the chance of dealing with 'MR.. Personality" at the Tucson office(70mile round trip), instead of spending $50.00 for a printer plus $$$ for paper/ink etc...I only have a ghetto phone... Not taking touch pad in my pack...

I guess it’s just time to buy a lifetime license and be done with it.

This^^

I bought one here in AZ in 2007. It is a great feeling knowing you will never have to deal with it again. Ever. And that you'll always be in the Res pool if you ever do move out of state.

Bought one in TX too back in 2003 when I moved here.

They are well worth the $.

The thing I don’t like about the 365 license is I always buy a license in September for the spring draw which means it will expire in September before the fall deer and elk hunts.

As opposed to now, when you buy it in September it expires 4 months later on December 31? How are you worse off by getting an extra 8 months from the license?

Since permit/tags cannot be printed on a printer in their current format, I assume that there will still be a license dealer network.

The thing I don’t like about the 365 license is I always buy a license in September for the spring draw which means it will expire in September before the fall deer and elk hunts.

As opposed to now, when you buy it in September it expires 4 months later on December 31? How are you worse off by getting an extra 8 months from the license?

Since permit/tags cannot be printed on a printer in their current format, I assume that there will still be a license dealer network.

You got it wrong. It doesn’t start until 4 months later. You buy it to put in for the next years spring hunts. I get a full 365 days out of my hunting and fishing license every time. I also never have to worry about when did I buy it last year and is it expired.

And you can no longer buy 2014 licenses at Walmart or other sporting goods stores you have to buy it online or go to department offices...

good walmart employes can't fill them out right anyway . i quit buying my license from walmart after they punched the wrong license type and i had a heck of a time with the gamies. now i just purchased and print (2) out just incase i lose (1)

June 1st??? Then your screwed on the spring bear hunt that goes until July 31st...

I'm not following you. Or maybe Im misunderstanding this scenario. Change isn't a popular thing, but this isn't as confusing as its being made out to be. Lets think out loud for a minute.......

Buy your license June 1, 2014. It's valid until May 31, 2015.

Now, on June 1, 2015 you buy your new license. You're good to go on your spring bear hunt that runs until July 31st 2015.

Remember, you can purchase your license on any date! If January 1 works for you, then continue with that. They aren't forcing us to pick a date. Only that's its valid for 365 days from date of purchase. It's really pretty simple.

I agree with forlorn hope. It doesn't matter when you buy it, if its valid for the draw process and your drawn... All is well. If the hunt is after the license is expired, you buy your yearly and your good to go (you'd have to buy it anyways right?) just like dove stamps are good til next June, but the hunts over in February. The first year of the change will be a learning curve but after that, there's really no change.

Heck you all are doing too much thinking on this. Just get your license early jan. and your good all year long.

And get a lion tag while yer at it.

• Like 2

So if I buy my license every January can I put in for the spring hunts with the previous years license??? So can I put in for 2014 spring hunts with a 2013 license since the applications are due in 2013??

I bought a 2014 license yesterday and it show valid until 12/31/2014

That's because 2014, when the new license set-up takes effect, doesn't start until Jan. 1. In contrast, if you buy a 2014 one after Jan.1, it will run until the same date in 2015.

Geezzzzz, I'm glad I don't have to worry about all this Mumbo Jumbo with my lifetime license!