standman

Shot My Fox Pro!

I made one stand this morning before work and it was a fox rodeo. First one came in about a minute, shot him at 10 yards with the shogun. Five minutes later another one comes in and I shoot him at 15 yards. I switch sounds and three minutes later another barrels in and sticks his nose on the caller at 10 yards. Not thinking, I hold tight on his head and shoot, perfect shot but my caller also did a 360 in the air. Lol. Turns out about five bbs hit it knocking the battery cover off. No damage done luckily lol. Just a few scars. Good morning though. Anyone else dumb enough like me to shoot their caller. :)

Brian

• Like 1

Now that sounds like fun! Haven't shot the caller yet but come pretty dang close a couple times.

First, sounds like a great shoot standman! Well, on the foxes that is..

Second, not a caller and no damage done but a similar scenario here..

I had enough foresight to build a metal shield for my GoPro before I did shoot it duck hunting as I sometimes set the camera up near the decoys.

I made a little 4"x4" camoflauge L bracket where the camera sits on the flat face and I angle the side face to the duck blind. Some of my hunting partners have shot it already and it keeps my $300 camera from getting peppered.

Maybe something similar can be implemented in predator stands..

I would love to shoot my caller AZP&Y I mean fox pro....LOL. Sounds like you at least had fun!!!

I've shot one foxpro (FX3) and one decoy over the years, both were awhile ago, and both took dirt naps.

that is too funny!

I have come close a couple times but waited it out... 1 I missed cause he winded my caller the other a young male was hopping up trying to get my caller in the tree... when he couldn't reach it his posture got all aggressive tail between the legs front all hunched ears back as he came off the caller he tried to circle and got the shotty blast of #4 buck!

glad your caller is ok that wouls have been an expensive campfire story! LOL!

James