Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Anyone buy a deer tag today?

Game n fish sends out a bunch of tags to all retailers to last all year. I highly doubt they will run out of tags. The person prolly didn't know what he was doing or didn't wanna go to the back and grab another book.

I was in the Mesa office this morning about 9am getting mine. Took about 1 hour but the line was getting huge behind me. :(

This isn't surprising. During the draw, thousands of hunters wait till the last day and last hour. For some reason, as a group, hunters tend to be the biggest procrastinators. One could write his/her college thesis entirely on this phenomenon. :)

• Like 1

Not really about procrastinating. It is not like you can run to the local walmart and buy a tag. You have to drive to an office and if you don't live close to an office or work the same hours they are open you don't really have a chance to buy one.

• Like 3

This isn't surprising. During the draw, thousands of hunters wait till the last day and last hour. For some reason, as a group, hunters tend to be the biggest procrastinators. One could write his/her college thesis entirely on this phenomenon. :)

So tell me this Chief, how am I suppose to go get a tag when G&F is only open M-F 8 - 5 and I work M-F from 8:30 - 5 busting my balls trying to make ends meet? Oh and the G&F office is a 50 min drive one way from my house (longer from my job). Willyhunts hit the nail on the head with his response, you can't buy a tag prior to Jan 1 anywhere but a G&F office. Sorry I don't have a kush job where I can just swing on by the local office and pick up a tag.

• Like 1

I was going to wait till the first and buy it at sportsmans but when I was there the other day sportsmans told me there was no gaurantee they would have the tags on the first.

I was driving by the care free office today and figured I would stop for my tags and waited in line.

very true, they may sell extra tags if they put the non permit stuff online that would be great, its on my way home from work and i can leave early but online i wouls grab them everytime. good luck all on the first, i am dragging the wife out for a one day trip for pig deer combo day then friday hitting 3 day trip

Price hike is gonna be tough on famiies with mulitple hunters, IMO. I put my 3 sons and myself in for every big game tag. Doubling the application fee is going to make that hard to do. I know the AZGFD tries to take in all sides before making these changes, but if their goal is hunter recruitment, I think it would be good if they could put a "family cap" on app fees.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

The reason they aren't at the retailers is because of the price hike. That's my guess. They didn't want everyone to buy it at $34.75. I think that is kinda dirty, but it is what it is. Last week Monday I waited in a 40 minute line at Tucson. I might go up there today for some friends who can't make the drive...