Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Anyone buy a deer tag today?

I was going to go and get mine this morning but ran out of time glad I didn't go to find out I gotta wait around in line.

its always like that around this time. exactly last year i was at the tucson office and waited for over 2 hours. never again.

Price hike is gonna be tough on famiies with mulitple hunters, IMO. I put my 3 sons and myself in for every big game tag. Doubling the application fee is going to make that hard to do. I know the AZGFD tries to take in all sides before making these changes, but if their goal is hunter recruitment, I think it would be good if they could put a "family cap" on app fees.

Thoughts?

I agree, I went to the meetings when this was in the works and voiced this concern but it wasnt going to make any difference. I believe there wont be much change in participation on like deer and elk but you most likely will see a drop on some of the other game like Javi, fishing, bird stamps, etc since the extra money folks would normally put towards that stuff they will not want to after paying the bill to put in for Elk and others. Just a funny thing I saw when leaving the office yesterday with my tags was they had 5 or 6 brand new still shrink wrapped boats in the yard not being used. Wonder why the revenue is off. LOL

• Like 1

Bought mine thanksgiving week. I was the only one in there. They printed me a tag and a license. No Wait. I hate lines and I hate people that make wait time in lines longer.

• Like 2

Carefree office has a dozen people in line, I shoulda got my leftover pig tag last week.

Can't you just draw one line thru 2013 and initial and date the change you make on your tag as long as it's black ink?

Uhhhh:-)

Price hike is gonna be tough on famiies with mulitple hunters, IMO. I put my 3 sons and myself in for every big game tag. Doubling the application fee is going to make that hard to do. I know the AZGFD tries to take in all sides before making these changes, but if their goal is hunter recruitment, I think it would be good if they could put a "family cap" on app fees.

Thoughts?

I think the $5 combo youth license fee will make up a little of the difference...... that's down from $20. if you already purchased then yeah it will be.

you save $15 bucks on the new combo license for youth and that will cover 1 app fee. a family cap would be nice though.

James

Just left carefree office. They had 4 peole doing tags line went quick.

• Like 1

Just stopped by the Tucson office, two hour wait... Looks like I will be paying extra and not hunting tomorrow! It's my own fault but still sucks!

I talk to the supervisor yesterday at the Mesa office and he said they were having all staff deliver to vendors by the morning of the Jan. 1st 2014. Crazy.

He told me the vendor they used for printing licenses / tags told them to pound dirt at the last minute. So in turn they had to find another vendor for the printing.