azhuntnut

Pay it forward - I will start

I agree with that...youth donation thread is a heck of an idea.

• Like 1

Kinda what I've been doing on and off for a while here and on other hunting sites - to give stuff to the youth camps

previous 2 posts in oct - had little effect .

Passing it on is a great concept- whom will benefit the most - I think our young hunters need all the help they can get!

if all it takes is a new thread - I'd be happily surprised!!

Kinda what I've been doing on and off for a while here and on other hunting sites - to give stuff to the youth camps

previous 2 posts in oct - had little effect .

Passing it on is a great concept- whom will benefit the most - I think our young hunters need all the help they can get!

if all it takes is a new thread - I'd be happily surprised!!

Elkaholic start your own thread and bump it til Amanda makes it a sticky. It is that simple. It will most likely die fairly quick as this thread did, other than people talking. Especially since we tend to be conservative and that means no free handouts for the mooching kids.

I'm all for giving stuff to kids, prefer a discount to giving though. Teach the kid not to expect handouts, and give a sense of ownership since they spent something for an item. ETA could incorporate doing volunteer work for G&F to earn the item.

All we ever try to do is get a few items for the free raffles at the youth camps - its a very little incentive when associated with the learning experience of the hunts with family and friends .

mooching- free handouts - have you ever participate in any youth hunting camps -

these kids get up early and hunt hard the whole time- they don't expect anything - they put in the time and effort to have a successful hunt- most times getting a taste of tag soup

usually items that are raffled aren't super valuable - an old pair of binos - a used tripod - camo gloves or hats - a camp stool - headlamps - if you ask me they did earn them

just saying think of the kids they will remember and use these items on future hunts.

I'm passing the torch on starting a new thread - nobody listens to me anyway - lol

why does it take a new thread - this one has 13,000 views - if most haven't gotten the hint or passed one the word - they Never will

• Like 1

All we ever try to do is get a few items for the free raffles at the youth camps - its a very little incentive when associated with the learning experience of the hunts with family and friends .

mooching- free handouts - have you ever participate in any youth hunting camps -

these kids get up early and hunt hard the whole time- they don't expect anything - they put in the time and effort to have a successful hunt- most times getting a taste of tag soup

usually items that are raffled aren't super valuable - an old pair of binos - a used tripod - camo gloves or hats - a camp stool - headlamps - if you ask me they did earn them

just saying think of the kids they will remember and use these items on future hunts.

I'm passing the torch on starting a new thread - nobody listens to me anyway - lol

why does it take a new thread - this one has 13,000 views - if most haven't gotten the hint or passed one the word - they Never will

Kind of hard for me to follow you on this. The hunt is work for the kid? I've hunted from 10 for big game and sooner for small game and the only work involved is the pack out. Every other bit of it is pleasure and the true reward of hunting. heck I get as much out of taking sunrise and set pictutes each day of my hunt as filling a tag. Tag soup has been as good a hunt on many occasions as a filled tag. I never felt the need for a prize or present after a hunt. For me time spent with my dad was the prize. I realized it even more this last year as it will most likely be my dad's last hunt, since he couldn't even make his half butt attempt at trying to hunt.

Guess the two of us are on two different ends of the spectrum. My sense of humor clearly doesn't work for you. Maybe if I put a smiley after the mooching kids it would have helped.

Sooo.....does anyone want to pick up the camo for one of these kids hunts/raffles?

I see people posting they wish they had items donated for the events, but no one has asked to pick up the items.

• Like 1

"Mooching Kids" really? Is that the best you can come up with, well I hope you never have any kids. Anyway, that's not what this initial post was all about.

• Like 2

"Mooching Kids" really? Is that the best you can come up with, well I hope you never have any kids. Anyway, that's not what this initial post was all about.

Yes really. It's called a joke, and a jab at the fact that the conservative party generally frowns on handouts. Last I checked there was a lot of Fox News fans on this site.

Before you go and think I'm a libtard, note I said we in the first post. As much as it pains me to support either of the two parties, the conservative stance on the 2nd amendment gets the win.

Hope that is clear enough for anyone else who can't read past mooching kids. Takes the fun out of having fun with irony when you have to spell it out.

ETA I still stand by give the kids something for doing some work. Straight A's, helping G&F on projects rather than just for showing up. I guess y'all are in favor of participation trophies in sports and no one loses as well.

Hhmmmm..... well, I consider myself a conservative and I do like Fox News. I purchased a hunting license and javelina tag for my Son's friend who has never hunted before. All he has to do is "show up". Wait that's not right, I'm going to pick him up and provide some camo, the weapon and ammo and haul the kids down to the unit. Dang, those "mooching kids!"

You sound ridiculous MRL and I think I've chosen a kinder word than I should. Sometimes it's better to "quite while your behind"

• Like 2

Still, no one has stepped up and asked for the camo I offered.

Maybe I am just in a grumpy mood this morning, but it irks me to see people state that they beg for items to donate to a kids hunt/organization, yet they do not respond to pick up said items. Even a PM or post with "I'll take it" would get me motivated to meet up and get the items to that person.

Lance, if you have some that fit my oldest daughter you met I will take them. I wanted others to step up first but we could always use a bit of camo and nobody has claimed them yet. I will pm you later. Thanks!!!

Same here if any sz small pants left after your meeting I may try for my dughter cuz I usually hand her camo she swims in. :]

Lance, if you have some that fit my oldest daughter you met I will take them. I wanted others to step up first but we could always use a bit of camo and nobody has claimed them yet. I will pm you later. Thanks!!!

Same here if any sz small pants left after your meeting I may try for my dughter cuz I usually hand her camo she swims in. :]

You guys are more than welcome to them. I don't remember how big your daughter is, but if they will fit, they are all yours. Or I could split them up and do half and half. Your guys' call.

Lance let me just get through the next couple days and I will schedule a day to come on up. I am more than happy to share with Mike. Thanks again!

Take them all! I forgot I bought buch of stuff for wifey that daughter can wear. :)