CouesWhitetail

Jim White undergoing open heart surgery...please pray for him

It is with great sadness that I report to you all that Jim White passed away yesterday afternoon. This second heart surgery was just too much for his body to handle. They were able to replace the valve in his heart but his kidneys and liver just couldn't handle the strain. He had actually been suffering from heart problems for the last several years and his body was weakened due to this, even prior to the first surgery. His medical team managed the heart condition as long as they could with medication, but basically he was at end stage congestive heart failure and they realized that he had to do the surgery if he was to have any chance at all to live. He knew the odds were stacked against him going into the surgery. He had met with his pastor and his friends and family feel he is in a better place now. Please pray for the soul of Jim and for strength for his wife Jonnette. Unfortunately, this is the second husband she has lost to heart disease.

I will keep you all posted as to when the service will be. His body is to be cremated and his best friend will scatter his ashes in places that were special to Jim, including some in Arizona and in Alaska at a site where he shot a grizzly bear.

Such a sad day! We have lost a good friend and a great supporter of wildlife. Jim will be greatly missed. Prayers for his family and firends.

Rest in Peace my friend

Sorry to hear about the sad news as well. Our thoughts and prayers will be with his wife and friends at this time.

TJ

I never got to meet Jim, but i am saddened by his passing just the same.

Sad news. His legacy of designing well-engineered products for hunters is outweighed by the kindness he showed to everyone he met. Great guy, very sorry to hear this.

• Like 1

It was with a heavy heart that I heard the news.

Jim was a passionate man. Anyone that ever met him, came away with the same sense of respect for his dedication to doing what he loved. His contributions to glassing are countless with his innovative and problem solving inventions. His devotion to it all included his service to those that trusted his products, to his eagerness to help wildlife conservation by donating. A genuine man whose handshake was his word. His name will always be associated with that and his legacy will live on with our sport for many years.

Rest in peace Jim. My condolences to his many friends and family, especially his new wife Jonnette.

I remember the first time I met Jim White. It was at Ruffs gun in Flagstaff, 2005. When I met him, I thought I was meeting a Hollywood star with the reputation he had in the sport optics/hunting industry. He took about 30 minutes out of his day to sit and BS with some random college kid and never thought twice about it. I had gone out to his house several times as well, ans always felt welcome. RIP Mr. White, you will be greatly missed, no doubt.

I never got to meet Jim, but i am saddened by his passing just the same.

+1

So sad to hear this news! It was always good to see his smiling face at the different shoots I attended where his booth was set up. He was never was too busy to talk or explain something to me..

RIP Jim. Prayers of comfort and strength to his family.

Jim was one of kind! He will, with out a doubt, be missed. The passing of such good honest and true people always stings but they never really leave us as long as we hold on to their memory!!!

Theres not to many guys like Jim left walking around. Jim thanks for always saying hi and shaking hands even though you didnt have the time.

I met Jim when he lived here in Tucson. He had jury duty on opening day of the rifle Javalina hunt. He had a client so he asked me to take him for opening day. The guy shot the wrong pig and tried to blame me. Jim stuck up for me and told the guy we meaning me and him would never miss lead a client !! After he moved to Williams, I spent many days hunting from his house. My dad had his last hunt in 2001 before he got sick, we stayed 4 days with Jim. He was the nicest and most pleasant host to us. He always had that black old lab with him. We came back from dinner, and the lab had eaten a chocolate bar my dad had left on the table. That was the only time I ever saw Jim mad (chocolate and dogs don't mix)

God needed some great hunting equipment so he called for the best guy !!! RIP Mr. White !!!

Bobby

• Like 2