More D

!!!!!!!RESULTS ARE OUT!!!!

Guest Lark Hubbard

at the mtg yesterday they said that the extra permits we based on how many nonresidents applied for those hunts last year, somehow. not exaclty for sure how it was done. i can't hear real well and didn't understand exactly what they were saying, but from i gathered, if a non-resident applied, they were pretty much guranteed a permit. these permits were over and above the ones that nonresidents got in the original drawing. the only residents who got any of these tags were those that applied with nonresidents and those people all applied for deer tags north of the colorado. none of the extra elk permits went to residents. they didn't say how they were going to fix this next year. but it looks to me like maybe i'll become a non-resident for Az. hunting. looks as if nonresidents will have a real advantage over residents for elk. one other thing, i've been so preoccupied with hating uso and the game and fish that i didn't congratulate those folks that did win the lotto. good to see amanda get an elk tag. you guys hunt hard and make sure you get to put the sticky sides o' them tags together around an antler. my ol' man sure sounded tickled when i called with the news about his elk permit. hunt em up fellers.

I know its a small consolation but there is always the archery hunts with the over-counter tags. I think that hunting archery makes you a better all-around hunter anyways and its a good excuse to tromp around the hills and look at the animals. My condolences to those who were skunked on the draw and congrats to those who got a tag(s). Best of luck-lets get some in the books this year

Trufletch

congrats amanda,sorry no coues though.

I gota 32 nov tag

Good luck.

Lark, you make an honest outta stater feel a little uncomfortable. I do not support USO or any of the BS involved. Being that we may be in the same unit, I will probably have my bro drive his truck with AZ plates.

Good luck to your boys

Mark

Guest Ernesto C

Hummm nock nock nocking on heaven's dooor.....nock nock nocking on heavens door woo oh yea yea ;) :angry:

Your prayers where answered Ernesto the Lord told me, some of your fellow members did recieve the tag they were waiting for,some of them did not recieve a tag but will recieve a bigger blessing.-- Thank you Lord.

And this is what I got for you:

Antelope.....Yes.!!!! :angry:

Deer...........Yes!!!!! :angry:

Sonora Mexico......Yes!!!!!

You will have your chance again for another elk and turkey but is not time yet.Keep waiting your you Big Horn tag.

Tank you Lord because you still love me,thank you for those gifts and for your holly blessings.

Ernesto C.

Guest Lark Hubbard

a friend at work dropped by the office and we looked up his results. him, his son and his dad drew the unit 1 early rifle bull hunt. i'd give a kidney for that hunt. my kidney too. he was sorta happy.

SORTA????

At least it went to father, son, grandson! The fun they are going to have and the memories...........it kind of makes it ok the I didn't get an Elk tag.

SMOKEM IF YOU GOT ONE(a tag)

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

;)

My son and I were drawn for 13A, nothing else. this will be our first rifle hunt been putting in for 6 years. other than that we'll be archery huntin as much as possible.

I drew 24b Dec whitetail and 23 turkey. No elk, sheep or antelope. My brother-in-law (the dirty dog!) drew the same deer hunt as I, AND a unit 22 late rifle bull elk hunt, AND a 3b north antelope tag.... Bitter?!?! you bet I am! This is only the econd year he's ever put in for big game hunts. Seriously, though, I'm excited for him and can't wait to accompany him on these hunts!

My brother got a 19A archery elk tag, its his third elk hunt in three years, the two previous were cow tags.

At least I get to go with him.