Outdoor Writer

Hunting's Next Perversion

"the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended".

Take it for how you may.......

• Like 2

50 years ago the compound bow and variable power scopes were the next "perversions".

You want to know the real perversion of hunting? The tape measure.

• Like 14

Let's start a new season drone hunting. You think losing your 200 dollar trail cam was bad try losing your thousand dollar drone :-)

Hunter4life,

I have always been told by game and fish people they like to see the harvest success rate at or below 20% on most hunts. Therefore if the success rate goes up then they increase tags. This is what is causing the hunting to be a bad experience for me. Too many tags and people running all over each other in the field. I would prefer less tags and a better hunting experience. This is why even though it took me 8 years to get a December white tail tag I signed it over to my 13 year old daughter, too many tags in this hunt.

As for the use of drones, I don't like it. I knew when these started being made for the public they would be a tool for scouting. I know a guy who built one 12 years ago and has been using it but he is not a hunter. When he showed it to me I knew then this would eventually become an issue for game and fish. I don't like to see new laws limiting hunting but we don't ever stick together as a group and fight them. I see a law restricting trail cams in the future too and I bet there wont be but a mild moan from the hunting community. I have got tired of even trying because we seem to fight against each other more than band together...........

• Like 2

I want a drone, and a hopped up quad with nitrous oxide injection. Then when i located a big buck with my drone i could get over to him real fast by hitting the nitrous. What a deal!!

• Like 1

There are laws now forbidding the harassment and scouting of wildlife with manned aircraft, soon there will be for unmanned as well.

In time, the FAA will step in and control the airspace and below certain AGL elevations they are permitted to fly. If these crafts are blatantly breaking the rules, shoot them down.

It's sad that we responsible folks even need rules. There's always A-holes out there ready to ruin things for everyone.

• Like 1

Another Perversion, I know someone who is not happy that a neighbor constantly uses their drone to fly over their backyard while they have their kids swimming in the pool......... my advise to them is to shoot it down.

• Like 1

I enjoy the defensive remarks, so thought I would throw one out. Don't tell me how to hunt! I want to be able to blow up a deer with 50 pounds of TNT wired to a remote sensor after I see it walk into the blast zone while monitoring my video system linked to my ipad while sitting on my couch eating ice cream.

Someone who is able to bag a coues with traditional hunting gear is a better hunter than one who is only able to experience success using high powered rifles, optics, and trail cams. I am not good enough to bag a deer using my modern compound bow, and I enjoy using my rifle and kaibabs. I don't mind being judged by someone who only uses a long bow to bag a deer every year. They have earned the right to judge me because they are a better hunter than I am. I also don't have a problem judging someone who uses drones to scout. Almost all hunters use modern technology to varying degrees. Just accept the fact that technology compensates for a lack of traditional hunting skills and don't get your panties in a bunch.

• Like 2

Do You work at a mellon factory?.................BOB!

trphyhntr, though we have never met I would like to thank you very much for the new screen wallpaper for my laptop and phone. Well done sir.

• Like 7

Somewhere........Snapshot is looking frantically for those antler pills.

• Like 5

Somewhere........Snapshot is looking frantically for those antler pills.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....thats funny right there