43F

Uzi Tragedy

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26366694/uzi-recoil-causes-girl-to-fatally-shoot-gun-instructor

I'm sure most of you have seen this story. Tragic tale about a complete lack of safety and common sense. Unfortunately, the tragic tale will digress into debate over gun control when it really has nothing to do with it. The more I think about this story, the more irritated I get. I've been around guns my whole life to included my time in the military. I know that I could safely instruct students on a firing range -even with automatic weapons. Having said that, I would not be comfortable allowing most grown men to operate that type of weapon under my supervision, let alone a nine year old girl. Completely irresponsible and now this poor little girl is going to be ruined for the rest of her life.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more. You need to have strong wrists to manage recoil. That poor girl shouldnt have been shooting anything larger than a .22 caliber pistol single shot, let alone full auto

• Like 4

Exactly what I was thinking. All my boys started shooting around 7. Started out with 22's and .410's not sub machine guns. children and adults have no business firing those types of weapons unless they have been extensively trained to do so. Automatic and burst fire is a completely different animal then rapid firing a semi auto. That poor girl is going to have some rough years ahead of her.

• Like 2

Completely agree, that poor young girl. I feel for the instructors family too.

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about full auto at a local range? I wasn't all that happy that the guy next to me had 3 full auto guns going. He was well organized and managed them well but does this fit into a crowded public range setting? I don't think I would allow it if it were me. Very sad occurrence for sure. Totally true story we were driving by that place and my wife said I should go shoot there and I said no way. She asked if I were afraid of the guns being auto but I said no I am afraid of the other people not the guns!

• Like 5

On what planet does a nine year old need to learn to shoot an Uzi?...

• Like 4

Our range does not allow full auto. I let my son shoot a lot of guns but I know he would not be able to handle that kind of control. I feel for both sides but this could have been prevented.

• Like 2

Very sad and tragic. Thoughts and prayers are with the instructor's family and with the poor little girl.

• Like 1

We've been going to a local indoor gun range to take advantage of coupons we got for the establishment.... but no more. I've never seen a more undisciplined and motley crew of gun totting bottom feeders looking for an accident to happen.

While waiting for a lane to open, I watched thru the glass as a woman stared down the barrel of a 1911 that had misfired. Another one came in to the desk and complained her rental pistol was defective. That was when she was taught to rack the semi=auto to put a round in the tube and back to the firing line she went.

Got swept by an AR-15 a young man was returning to the desk, he had it backwards in the case with the barrel sticking out. He began to sweep me a second time when I grabbed the barrel and yelled at him to wake up...he just shrugged and said "No habla."

This is the 2nd time, a youth lost control of a full-auto! Sad. I teach 13 & 14 year olds.... I would not trust any of them with a full-auto, even standing next to them! Just dumb.

Is it just the new generation of children and parents? I shot full auto at age 7, first gun at age 4. Always had very strict supervision!!!! I'm sorry for the victim and the child at fault but was it her fault or just bad guidance??

• Like 1

I owned a 500 sw mag, and have seen people on youtube let women shoot them. The results are usually a barrel to the head. Thiat was a problem waiting to happen.

A tragedy for sure, poor girl will have some demons to fight. I don't see her as having any fault though. The YouTube filming parents and the instructor but not the girl. I cannot grasp why either of these adults thought this was good. Or why the instructor stood on that side, for better filming I bet, that didn't work.

• Like 1