Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

How many of you have seen this?

Oh My........... :huh: <_<

Unfortunately, have seen it AND heard it!

• Like 1

That's almost as bad as watching guys hired by guides and outfitters driving the roads all night spotlighting for big bulls.

I thought is was mandatory if you had a 1 or 3c tag to drive around in the diesel of your choosing, slam the door, call three times, listen then go to next spot. All while the diesel is idling. You can substitute the diesel for a side by side if you choose.

• Like 2

I've got an '89 Ford with a very squeaky driver side door. Have to wait for the right timing but when the rut starts my Ford door can call a bull in much better than those goofy Hoochie mamas or any other commercial call for that matter!!

Omg. Too funny. You guys better not call me in some day. I have heard these stories for years. Like said before it works sometimes. I say every time I zero out after hiking 30 miles I am converting to road hunting.

LOL, that's so funny because my son and I were just talking about doing a parody video of a guy dressed up in leafy camo or ghillie suit driving around and squeezing a hoochie mama out the window. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, I guess.

I got a say I never hunted much so when I went help on a cow hunt in 8 I brought all my shiny new calls and hand me down camo. Well day 1 we road hunted cuz thats what you do in 8 in Dec and after a while I spot several cows off road and as we are driving past I ask passenger why those elk are not good enough and he says holly crap dad stop the truck and they bail with the truck moving and me in the back seat so I consider my options and decide to crawl in front and park the truck. Meanwhile these 2 guys are trying to find a good rest on trees and when the cows start to roll out I let off same cow calls on my truth mouth call and they stop dead in their tracks. Well I keel calling and they stand there with no less than 3 bullets flying and then soon after they haul it out of there. Well I get a lamb basting for scaring them to heck with my calls since no elk sounds off like that. Then dad says son I never seen elk stand still for 3 missed shots like that he can call any way he wants. Lol I never did mention the truck driving thing even after the adrenaline made them repeat how they missed no less that 9 times over the next hour. Lol I then knew what elk fever was And road hunting.

About 10 years ago while hunting mule deer in Utah with an old friend we were positioned on a ridge glassing some nice looking country, there was a road in the bottom of the drainage giving access to the area but very few hunters using it, the opposite ridge had an old mine near its base, with three small roads leading up to the old mine, and a water tank.

I could hear a ATV coming up the road and he then proceeded to ride up and down those three small roads for about an 30 min. I watched a small herd of deer move from cover between the 1st and second road, to cover between the second and third road, until he pushed them into thick cover beyond the third road. from west to east. He didn't see a single deer, but I observed a nice three point in the group, after the sun dropped, my friend had made his over to me, I told him what I observed, knowing he had to return home early. The next morning found him still hunting the thick cover the deer had taken for safety, as I observed from my ridge about 800 yards away, It hadn't been 10 min. and hear his rifle crack.

My point is those ATV push the animals from the roads into the safety of denser cover, and most never know the amount of game they displace. Then add game calls, sirens, etc? I have observed this in Colorado as well.

• Like 1

Happened to my son and I in unit 1 last week, we were a mile from the truck on a ridge I hadnt been on before so I didnt realize the lazy hunters had extended the road so much. we were working towards a bull my son spotted on another ridge. The Bull had just bedded and we were closing the distance in hopes he would maybe come to a call when a couple of trucks pulled up about 150yds above us one guy got out and bugled my son I both were saying dont answer and he didnt but the guy bugled again and the bull answered, those guys started getting their stuff when the so talented caller saw us and he threw his arms up at us repeatedly I guess he couldnt figure out why we were actually walking and not driving. I couldnt resist the two finger wave and we kept on our way needless to say we bumped a cow and it was over but atleast the lazy a$$e$ didnt get a chance in.

Hahahahahwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Although I do see everyone s point. But this method does work very well. I've done it before on my last elk tag I had and in the 2 days my buddy that showed me this method he called us in 20 bulls with in shooting range 40 yards and in....... I shot the 20th bull.... we would call from the road but when we got an answer we would hike in and set up and call.... and it worked awesome!!!!! This year I just pounder the boot leather and put in over 80 miles and accented over 25k feet in 8 days..... and also came away with another nice bull. So to each their own. But if you want to hunt where there is no traffic bust your hump and do 8-10 miles a day and don't worry about the guys "running and gunning" I think that is what they call it......

• Like 2

You guys crack me up. This is the best way to locate bulls that are talking on a year line this year where the rut wasn't really cranking. Great way also to hunt a unit you don't know well. I have done this plenty of times when needed and I assure you I have killed more big bulls than most the guys on here bashing it.

• Like 1