azhuntnut

61 pounds of pork

After shooting my pig on the 1st with my buddy Gary in tow, we headed back out this morning to find one for him. He was optimistic, since he has shot a pig on the second of January for the last 5 years. About 11 am we found a big group and made a great stalk and got around in front of them. This one came into range first and he shot it at 30 yards. When we retrieved it I noticed it looked pretty big, so I said let's weigh it. He carries a fish scale in his hunting box in case he shoots a big coyote or bobcat. We were happy when it came in at 61 pounds. This is the biggest one to date so far. It's a female and she was missing teeth and most were almost worn down. I had him take one pic with his bow horizontal to show the length. His bow is an old McPherson that has slayed a bunch of pigs. David

post-561-0-34799600-1420256950_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-66627000-1420256970_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice. Please PM me the GPS coordinates of that spot!😄

Heading back out tomorrow where I found good sign. It's encouraging seeing everyone's success.

Good job on a big pig!

Nice! Good job to you and your buddy David!!! saweet

That would make a great full mount. Great job!

We slayed some hogs in 2014 in the Metro and heading back to the honey hole tomorrow again to get #1 for 2015!!!!