capoeirajosh

Problem with neighbor's dog

Well, it seems to me the root problem is the owner of the dog. Poisoning, crippling, or killing the dog is the same mentality that blames the gun for the crime. I wouldn't give the guy one more day to solve the problem, even if I had to go over the fence and remove the hill myself. Waiting only increases the likelihood of a serious dog fight.

• Like 4

Throw a poisoned steak over the fence...j/k

• Like 1

my brother had a pit bull in his yard that would not leave and got threatening. he grabbed his nun chuks after a slap no more issues.

• Like 1

How about just offering to help move the dirt pile to ensure its done? A few mins of your time.... Yeah, but what if something bad does happen? All can be prevented.

• Like 4

Just stay on the renters. Tell him if it doesnt get fixed you r going to have to go the next level with the authorities. That dog can jump that fence in a heart beat

The exact same thing happened to my good buddy when he wasnt home. A pitbull jumped his backyard brickwall with out a little hill. Straight from the ground. The dog the looked for his two dogs. A black lab and a small terrier. The pitbull found the doggy door and the fight was on. Killed the terrier and the lab and him fought in every room. The house had blood in every room from ceiling to floor. It was horrible. When he walked in the lab and pitbull were barely breathing on the floor and the whole house was ruined. He took video of this whole thing when he got home.

All the neighbor said was sorry. Even taking them to court to pay for damages they were not liable for anything.

Stay on this issue

Going to get in contact with the landlord today and tell him what is going on. Until the issue is taken care of, the 357 will be coming with me in the yard. If the dog gets over, I am going to kill it. I really don't want to do that, but if it comes down to that dog or my wife and dogs, it will be my wife and dogs every time.

• Like 3

Not all pit bulls are bad, but the majority of their owners have no business owning a dog that requires proper training and that needs to be spayed or castrated to keep their hormones down.

We have 4 of them ranging from 3-5 years old that we have worked with and properly trained since they were puppies. They all have been spayed. Chipped and have had all their shots etc. We taken them to the dog parks to socialize with other dog's and different people. Never had a issue. They love kids and anyone who comes to the house. The first time one of them shows aggression towards a person that will be their last time.

If you did your research you'd see that there is way more reports of dog bites from labs, cockers, German shepards and dalmations than pits.

They are actually very intelligennt dogs who want nothing more than to please their owner.unfortunately they get in the hands of the wrong owners and that's the biggest reason they have a bad rep.

post-896-0-46662600-1423831602_thumb.jpg

post-896-0-17923400-1423831675_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Not all pit bulls are bad, but the majority of their owners have no business owning a dog that requires proper training and that needs to be spayed or castrated to keep their hormones down.

We have 4 of them ranging from 3-5 years old that we have worked with and properly trained since they were puppies. They all have been spayed. Chipped and have had all their shots etc. We taken them to the dog parks to socialize with other dog's and different people. Never had a issue. They love kids and anyone who comes to the house. The first time one of them shows aggression towards a person that will be their last time.

If you did your research you'd see that there is way more reports of dog bites from labs, cockers, German shepards and dalmations than pits.

They are actually very intelligennt dogs who want nothing more than to please their owner.unfortunately they get in the hands of the wrong owners and that's the biggest reason they have a bad rep.

I agree with you 100%. We have friends with properly trained pit bulls and they are a joy to be around. My post wasn't intended to be "breedist." The dog just happens to be a pit bull.

I agree with you 100%. We have friends with properly trained pit bulls and they are a joy to be around. My post wasn't intended to be "breedist." The dog just happens to be a pit bull.

Oh I know. Good luck on your dog problem.

Beautiful dogs, longshooter.

Josh, if I were you, first thing's first. Get the hill removed. Conflicts with neighbors stink and I would avoid them at all cost, but this cannot wait. Show up with a pair of gloves on and ask him to put down the pipe and xbox controller, and shovel the hill quick. If he doesn't comply tell him in a nice manner that you will be out enjoying your yard with your firearm until the hill is removed, and that at this point you will be sharing the issue of liability with the homeowner. I also thought video was a good idea, and document the dates, times and notices of the issue with the renter just to be prepared.

Lastly, if you don't have a 12 gauge, borrow one until the situation is resolved. Bird shot out of a shotgun won't go through walls and significantly reduces the chance of innocent bystander injury. Not to mention it's difficult to miss. 357, can't say the same.

Good luck this is a stupid situation you shouldn't have to be in the first place. Breed of dog is irrelevant.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with a neighbor's pitbull. After several warnings, it inexplicably went missing never to be a problem again.

Beautiful dogs, longshooter.

Josh, if I were you, first thing's first. Get the hill removed. Conflicts with neighbors stink and I would avoid them at all cost, but this cannot wait. Show up with a pair of gloves on and ask him to put down the pipe and xbox controller, and shovel the hill quick. If he doesn't comply tell him in a nice manner that you will be out enjoying your yard with your firearm until the hill is removed, and that at this point you will be sharing the issue of liability with the homeowner. I also thought video was a good idea, and document the dates, times and notices of the issue with the renter just to be prepared.

Lastly, if you don't have a 12 gauge, borrow one until the situation is resolved. Bird shot out of a shotgun won't go through walls and significantly reduces the chance of innocent bystander injury. Not to mention it's difficult to miss. 357, can't say the same.

Good luck this is a stupid situation you shouldn't have to be in the first place. Breed of dog is irrelevant.

The only problem I see with birdshot is if you don't kill the dog you may end up getting sued for Vet Bills.

Calling Animal Control and starting a paper trail is the best way to go.Tucson adopted some strict animal laws awhile back, but the animal control process is slow, and time consuming, the owners can get fined up to 500 dollars. Unfortunately killing dogs with a weapon or chemicals is considered felony animal cruelty.

I have been at war with my neighbors for over a year. Typical people that have no respect, or consideration, for their neighbors. I called animal control, and their landlord. Two of the dogs disappeared, as they are only allowed to have 2. I would love to launch these little A-hole yappers out of a clay pigeon thrower, and splatter them all over the landscape. The amount of sleep I have lost is considerable.

THere was a case on the internet news yesterday where the dog owner was sued, and lost, to the tune of $500,000. Now the dog owner is going to lose their house to pay for the judgement. An electronic dog collar is an inexpensive solution to many problems. Most dog owners are oblivious to the problems their dogs are causing for other people. Many just don't care.

In most cases it's a bad dog owner. But not always.