Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Tessa's opening day Turkey success

My daughter Tessa was able to take her first turkey opening day of the Arizona spring season. She was not going to get to miss school for the opener if she did not have straight A's she needed to bring up her algebra grade up on Tuesday she informed us it was now an A . Perfect we left after school Thursday an were up at 4:30 on Friday to start the hunt. We set up on a bird at first light only to have him spook at 80 yards a couple more failed attempts were made before lunch. The afternoon was tough do to bad weather but we did locate some more birds. We set up our Avian X Merriam decoys started calling and this bird came in on a rope straight to the decoys Tessa shot him at 20 yards I was very proud of her she knew exactly what to do when he came in she has just turned 14 and has now collected 6 of her animals for the big 10 she drew an elk tag this year I can't wait to go with her I don't know who enjoys it more her or me I can't think of anything else that I would rather do .

post-7688-0-37414700-1429989295_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Congrats Tessa. Always great when the young ones harvest their first.

Great bird, well done!

Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!

I think the best part of this hunt happened before the hunt.....straight A's!!! As a teacher, I applaud parents who hold their children to high academic standards and equally applaud those children who meet those standards. By the way, you can also be proud of that turkey!

• Like 2