Sign in to follow this  
PhxDT

Elk Trophy Pickup Fail

R and R. Feel bad for Bill, he had back surgery that set him back a bit on his schedule. I harvested this one back in Dec 2012.

Did you say 2.5 years???

Haha, yah. Long time coming.

R and r is good. He has had some health problems but has been pretty good over the years.

Chris Krueger does some of the best work I have ever seen... But I have had some issues in the past on getting my mounts back.. But I can honestly say its worth the wait with him.. avatar of my 13.9 brown was done by him, picture doesn't do it justice ( never does).

• Like 1

Sounds like Kruegers Creations.

Between my buddy and I we have 13 mounts completed by Chris Krueger and none of them took longer than a year to get back.

Congrats on your bull. Its always a long wait, but end the end, you have the best type of artwork money can buy.

• Like 2

I've had a Javelina and coues deer mounted by bill there. And the badger in the picture. R&R is great if you don't mind waiting 2 to 3 years to get your mount back. They do good work and I don't think you can beat their prices. When I had my Javelina done three or four years ago the turnaround time was about 18 months. I dropped my coues deer off in December 2012 and didn't pick it up for 30 months. I dropped off the badger that's in the picture in August 2012 and it still isn't ready so that has been there for 33 months. It's hard to complain though because over the years I've gotten to know Bill and his brother and if it wasn't for some very serious health problems with both of them The turnaround time would be much faster. Like I said when there were no health problems my Javelina was done in 18 months. To me that's an acceptable turnaround time especially for their prices. The turnaround time has gotten to be so long that I don't think I will drop any more animals off there until he has had a chance to get caught up. In his defense when they were out with their health concerns they stopped taking heads so that way they can try and turn over the work they had without getting further behind but with just one guy it's hard to catch up. I asked him when I picked up my deer a couple months ago if he was getting caught up and he said he didn't know if he would ever be completely caught back up.

I've had a Javelina and coues deer mounted by bill there. And the badger in the picture. R&R is great if you don't mind waiting 2 to 3 years to get your mount back. They do good work and I don't think you can beat their prices. When I had my Javelina done three or four years ago the turnaround time was about 18 months. I dropped my coues deer off in December 2012 and didn't pick it up for 30 months. I dropped off the badger that's in the picture in August 2012 and it still isn't ready so that has been there for 33 months. It's hard to complain though because over the years I've gotten to know Bill and his brother and if it wasn't for some very serious health problems with both of them The turnaround time would be much faster. Like I said when there were no health problems my Javelina was done in 18 months. To me that's an acceptable turnaround time especially for their prices. The turnaround time has gotten to be so long that I don't think I will drop any more animals off there until he has had a chance to get caught up. In his defense when they were out with their health concerns they stopped taking heads so that way they can try and turn over the work they had without getting further behind but with just one guy it's hard to catch up. I asked him when I picked up my deer a couple months ago if he was getting caught up and he said he didn't know if he would ever be completely caught back up.

Yah, wish him the best. Seems like a great guy. Unless I have a record breaking bull, this'll be my last trophy- and I got lucky to get this one approved!

I can't be the only one, right??

Nice bull!! Do you have a truck lined up to pick it up?

did his cape slip on you? maybe it's just me, but he looks really mangy and his mane is really really thin? it is a pretty rack though. congrats on the kill. that turnaround time is unacceptable, no matter what issues the guy is having

• Like 3