Basser15

AZGFD and Portal for Leftovers

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they plan on updating the portal as they start assigning the leftover tags? Just think that would be an efficient way to run that without having people calling the office non-stop and slowing down their work.

after the first draw is complete, there will be an updated list loaded with what is still left ... as in years past ... I do not think they will load what individual left over you drew but as in years past if you can call the main office around mid week and if sweet to the lady she will usually tell you ;)

I called in the local Tucson office yesterday and they told me what I drew! They had over 4k worth of applications for leftovers though. They were still trying to get through them all today...

I wish they would update the portal but I really doubt that happens.

I heard they had over 4,000 apps for leftovers.

not surprised at all. left over list won't even last a week again. either there's a truck load of people playing the "bonus point game" or there are just that many new people out afield

• Like 1

Between helping on two other hunts and My mom being hospitalized again I went ahead and bypassed the left-overs this year ... Crazy how it has changed in just a few years .. I blame all you guys bragging about your leftover success in the 36's here on CWT

• Like 2

Well If it is like this year in WA there might have been a spike in people. There is a tag "Multiseason deer" up here that normally anyone that applies gets. This year we were seeing a 50% not drawn rate on the local forums, a BIG change from previous years, of course the year I put in for it the 1st time... DOH

Most people got smart and started playing the bonus point game!

I drew a leftover last year and it actually shows in my portal (last years tag 2014).

Seeing that update in the portal would be pretty neat. But, you have always had to call and verify if you were drawn.

I just called- they are still conducting the draw, could not get results for my son, probably depends on who you talk to- said to call back towards the end of the week. told me the same thing-4,000 applicants for leftover tags.

I just know that with 4000 applications that having anxious applicants calling all day will slow down their process. Would think having the portal reflect the results would be a good thing for them to do.

With only 1800-1900 deer tags there's a good chance I won't be getting a tag this year. Over 4000 apps! Dang! I remember back when I started putting in for lefties there would be tags available all the way into October. At least there's still the OTC archery tags to fall back on if need be.

• Like 1