Allan

Opening day success updated/video

Wow when I saw that buck I new right away that was the same deer you had sent me a picture of. Congrats again great buck I guess you will have more time to help others on there deer hunt now and scout for elk. Don't forget I know someone who really wants to shoot a bear I told her you were the man when it comes to bears.

Buglethemin,

Sorry, I was more concerned with getting the meat taken care of then photographing his tail..:). Nice buck in your pictures. He was flagging pretty good after I hit him, a mule deer tail shown at the same angle looks quite a bit different than this bucks. This is my first Coues with a bow, but I've shot quite a few with a rifle, not likely to mistake it for a mule deer at 40 yards.

Great buck! More pics at different angles please. Did you measure him?

Why would someone come on a thread and tell a guy the species of deer the guy shot based on an antler photo? Really?

Congrats on an awesome coues.

• Like 2

Why would someone come on a thread and tell a guy the species of deer the guy shot based on an antler photo? Really?

Congrats on an awesome coues.

Because people have issues on everything. Look at the way everyone acts about a flag offending them. Some will hate, be jealous, ect.

Congrats on a fine Coues deer. Great shot.

I hate, hate, hate to be that guy but it really does look like a mulie to me as well...not just his overall size but his facial features as well. Longer nose and color resembles a mule deer IMO. Either way you got it done! Congratulations bud.

• Like 2

I personally know this guy besides being an accomplished hunter he is an outstanding individual who has helped my daughter on several of her hunts. He has been hunting most of his life he has taken a lot of different animals over that time span. This deer is 100% coues just like he said what would he have to gain by lying about it. I don't understand why some of you always look to find fault instead of just being happy for others success. He taped it out its a giant coues for sure I hope he shares the score on here.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a nice buck. With the stick and string! Nice whitetail- first picture with tail exposed clearly shows that. Well done.