Sign in to follow this  

From the Rancho Neglecto

My midget youngest son shot a nice one today. Good thing we have a basement big enough that a few deer live in it. Bein' basement trolls an' all. Just a 550 yd shot. He ate about a 1/4 of it while packin' it out. Bein' the runt at only 6'5" he hasta eat a lot to keep his strength up. This is kinda the way things go here at the Rancho. Shoot stuff, pack it out, cut it up and eat it, repeat. It's a miserable life. Hope I get a buck tomorrow so we'll have some meat for dinner. Lark

Ps- in case you're too iggernut to get it, I'm kinda proud o' my kids. He ended up with a bunch of his partners gear and His pack weighed 140lbs when he got to the road. Might be the heaviest coues I've ever seen. He can post more photos and tell ya a story later.

post-347-0-93802700-1446163639_thumb.jpgpost-347-0-93802700-1446163639_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

I hate you. I said it was over 500 yds. You'd hafta shoot a 7-08, go find the bullet and shoot it again a couple times to go that far. Lark

• Like 9

Nice buck, cool looking shed you got there.

I hate you. I said it was over 500 yds. You'd hafta shoot a 7-08, go find the bullet and shoot it again a couple times to go that far. Lark

L.O.L. !!!

And gr8 looking deer congrats!

Nice buck and great looking place, Thank goodness for the mountains and away from people.

Jeez Lark, looks like your house could use a little paint. Tell your son congrats. Nice looking buck.

Sweet! Gotta love it! Looks great! Congrats!