Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

30% All Kuiu Gear Sale

I love their size option for pants 30 or 40

AKA - Ethiopian or Big'un

I had a buddy in high schools that wore 26x38's. We had a neighbor they had about a 20" inseam and was as big as Jabba the hut. We used to say he wore "john Deere" pants (40x20 or "4020"). You probably would've had to have grown up around tractors to get that one.

it says for your waist size to measure just above yur belly button!!???? wtf wears their pants around the belly especially FF like me!

James

I could wear the 30" pants. 30×34 for me. And I have a friend who is just the opposite, 34x30. We are the same height when standing up, but when we sit down next to each other, he is about 5" taller than me.

• Like 1

Their inability to keep up with demand will kill their business in 12 mos

Yea making a killing for sure, it was the same last year and they are still doing great! Kinda stinks that you might have a shirt and pants but now using a totally different brand jacket. I like their pants, very durable and lightweight.

Anybody ordered from them lately? How quick of a turnaround to drop the shipment? I'm worried about ordering today and not getting for my hunt...not that I need it, but I don't want to just stock the closet :).

I ordered a back pack a couple of weeks ago and had it in about 5 days. But they probably didn't have nearly as many orders to fill. In the next few days you should get a tracking code with the exact date.

I ordered wed and it's scheduled to be delivered on Sat.

We are coming to the end of hunting season, it's to be expected that they are low on inventory. If they had a lot of stock maybe they wouldn't be having a 30% off sale.

Their inability to keep up with demand will kill their business in 12 mos

Haha. That's a good one.

I have to assume you know nothing about the company...

I know enough. Their stuff is pretty good. But it's a premium product and their inability to keep up with demand means easy money for the competition and there are strong hands out there that will figure it out and start picking up that share. It's a competitive marketplace out there. I'm not saying they'll go under but their shitty supply chain will cost them half their potential. Whatever, not like I'm gonna lost sleep over it...just an observation.

it says for your waist size to measure just above yur belly button!!???? wtf wears their pants around the belly especially FF like me!

James

Steve Erkel style!

It really seems to work the other way for them and I have been a customer since the day they finally shipped their first orders. Kuiu seems to be one of those brands where part of their success is keeping supply just short of demand. I actually have a few other brands I like as much or more that are a little less costly in general. I will say their pants are the best I have worn and their rain gear is fantastic as well.

I was looking at their new boots and the reviews seem to be very mixed. I guess that is pretty common with boots since you can;t make one that fits all foot types well.

I've been a customer almost since the beginning before they were popular. In AK airports and from AK guides this weekend I saw probably 3-4 times as much Kuiu as all other brands combined. I'm thinking about changing because I hate being like everyone else. That being said their gear is great and they will continue to grow even with the short inventory.