Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Pretty Awesome First 13 Months of Hunting!

Only 11 years and 1 month old and this fine young man has had quite the hunting success. He ate tag soup this year on turkey and javelina (hoping for a little redemption this coming spring), but the rest has been pretty impressive. Big thanks to a lot of individuals on here who have helped (Big Browns, Cody Heuett, lancetkenyon, CouesPursuit, PRDATR, Shane Koury, TRKHNTR, twowindy, and many more.)

post-6408-0-08387000-1450135381_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like he had a great year & a great dad who is teaching him valuable life lessons!!!!!

• Like 1

He did more in a few months than most hunters will do in a lifetime, congrats dad.

• Like 3

That puts my last 13 months to shame. Pretty awesome. Congrats.

I was getting ready to agree wholeheartedly to this....

That puts my entire hunting life to shame.

until I read this. DEFINITELY! I'm jealous of that boy! Congrats on a great run so far!

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhhh there is a bit of jealousy anger because he had such a better hunting career than I and way younger then I was able. At the same time i'm extremely excited for him! But hey I want my kids to have the same experience at that age as well congrats! :). What a year!

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhhh there is a bit of jealousy anger because he had such a better hunting career than I and way younger then I was able. At the same time i'm extremely excited for him! But hey I want my kids to have the same experience at that age as well congrats! :). What a year!

Thanks

I always wanted to hunt when I was a kid. But my dad, who was raised in Idaho and was really into hunting and fishing in his youth, had lost the passion and interest. I never really got the chance to hunt till I was in my 20's and started to get invited by a good friend and his family. I was into my thirties before I could start to devote much time, energy, and resources to it. Now 38, I've spent a good deal of time and resources over the past several years to make up for lost time and learn what I could,

1. Because I love it!

2. Because I want to be able to to pass it along to my kids, and I don't want them to miss out like I did.

Don't get me wrong, I have a great dad. It just wasn't his thing anymore. But my hope is that by the time my kids are my age, and ready to raise the next generation of outdoorsmen/women, they won't be playing catch up like me. I think we are off to a good start.

Thanks again to all in here who have helped to bring me along the learning curve over these past several years. I still have a ton to learn compared to most of you, but I'm doing my best to pass it along and pay it forward.

• Like 2