Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

My card was set to expire March 31st as well. I noticed this before putting in for the draw. So I called the CC company and explained what the situation was.

It was awesome they put a rush on my new card, sent it out one day mail NO Charge . And was able to use my new card like 2 days before the draw deadline date.

dontknow.gif heads up to all, for upcoming years dontknow.gif

Got an email from fish and game this morning:

Portal account holders will be among the first to get the news before the draw results officially are released. Its quick, easy and free to create a Portal account. Just click on the Sign in to Account button in the upper right-hand corner of the www.azgfd.gov home page and then select the Create an Account option, filling in the requested information.

The Portal allows customers to create a secure account where they can manage and view their contact information, as well as their license and draw results information and bonus points, in their personal My AZ Oudoors section.

A Portal account is mobile-friendly, which means customers can view their information on their smartphone. Its also a convenient way to gain access to the online license purchase and hunt draw application systems.

Meanwhile, the random draw process remains on schedule and should be completed by mid-April. The department is aware that applicants are eager to learn whether they will be receiving a hunt-permit. The department will post an announcement on its website and Facebook page when results officially are released. All permit-tags and refunds are expected to be mailed by April 22.

.. Sigh

This is a crock. I did this last year. Lifetime license and 4 trips to head quarters they still can get that or any of my info uploaded. Looks like a trend

I created my portal when this FIRST came available and it is still not "merged" and updated. I just created one for my wife and got off the phone with game and fish about 3 min. ago. same issue with hers. When I explained my info was still not up to date she (game and fish rep.) told me that on her side its all there and it will happen in time. (its been like that for a while now) As long as it doesn't screw up my draw I don't care but they really have no idea what they are doing. I honestly feel bad for those front line phone operators who have been saying the same thing for months. Whoever oversee's this IT stuff should really be embarrassed.

My card was set to expire March 31st as well. I noticed this before putting in for the draw. So I called the CC company and explained what the situation was.

It was awesome they put a rush on my new card, sent it out one day mail NO Charge . And was able to use my new card like 2 days before the draw deadline date.

dontknow.gif heads up to all, for upcoming years dontknow.gif

Good plan, what I finally had to do was about 6 months before my card expired (in the spring), I called the credit card company, explained my situation and asked for a card that expired anywhere between September and December and they took care of it for me. We have too many apps out in various places for it to expire any time between January and August.

I hate to be the guy who says this about guys cards expiring tonight but I feel the need. We are all big boys/women here for the most part and by now in your life should understand things don't always go as planned and should pick a card that expires after the result release day or send in fund the old fashion way. I feel the same way about how they circle back 3 times with everyone who's card get rejected before moving on to the next person. There likely are several people each year who put in with checks after the second chance deadline that bounce for reasons out of their control and does G&F follow up three times with them? We have just been lucky the past several years that they process our cards in March no where does it say in the regulations that all cards must be processed and the draw ran in March. With all that being said I am sure you will get your three phone calls just like everyone else does every year.

I love all these game and fish brown nosers. Just because they put a deadline for end of April doesn't make it ok for them to take that long. We've said it before that other states can get their draw done close to a month after app deadline. Az takes at least 2 month if not 2 and a half. If they said the deadline was end of June for results should we just sit back and deal with it and wait and say they are on schedule? It's 2016 people. Technology has advanced more than ever and azgfd is only going backwards. If it truly took 2 and a half months to get the draw done without problems then that's fine. But when they are taking that long because they are incompetent and have been screwing up the draw for years that's not ok. They make tens of millions of dollars off these draws. If a private company had as many incompetent idiots working for them and wasting money like azgfd they would have went bankrupt long ago and a better company would have moved it. Unfortunately were stuck with this department and have to deal with it but it's still not ok.

post-3138-0-32230800-1459447190.jpg

Still ahead of schedule. If the results aren't out by April 22nd then we'd have a reason to complain.

Finally, someone else gets it.

• Like 8

For the people that think the G&F should not call people when a card is declined. You will be singing a different tune when you have CC fraud between the card update period and when they actually charge the card. No fault of the card holder when things like this happen but the bank will deactivate your card immediately and sometimes you don't even know right away.

But, I do agree that applying with a card that expires today was a bad idea. My debit card expires today also, but I used a different card know that was the case.

If the game and fish at their shoot together they would make the deadline to update cards midnight on whatever date they chose and immediately start charging cards the next day at the open of business. Then there would only be an eight hour time period for this fraud to occur.

• Like 1

Only thing I worry about is when the banks forces you to change your card because they are updating them all to chip enabled cards and deactivate the card you had on file with AZGFD. This happened to my buddy who put in our application. He had to update his info on Monday.

I hate to be the guy who says this about guys cards expiring tonight but I feel the need. We are all big boys/women here for the most part and by now in your life should understand things don't always go as planned and should pick a card that expires after the result release day or send in fund the old fashion way. I feel the same way about how they circle back 3 times with everyone who's card get rejected before moving on to the next person. There likely are several people each year who put in with checks after the second chance deadline that bounce for reasons out of their control and does G&F follow up three times with them? We have just been lucky the past several years that they process our cards in March no where does it say in the regulations that all cards must be processed and the draw ran in March. With all that being said I am sure you will get your three phone calls just like everyone else does every year.

I love all these game and fish brown nosers. Just because they put a deadline for end of April doesn't make it ok for them to take that long. We've said it before that other states can get their draw done close to a month after app deadline. Az takes at least 2 month if not 2 and a half. If they said the deadline was end of June for results should we just sit back and deal with it and wait and say they are on schedule? It's 2016 people. Technology has advanced more than ever and azgfd is only going backwards. If it truly took 2 and a half months to get the draw done without problems then that's fine. But when they are taking that long because they are incompetent and have been screwing up the draw for years that's not ok. They make tens of millions of dollars off these draws. If a private company had as many incompetent idiots working for them and wasting money like azgfd they would have went bankrupt long ago and a better company would have moved it. Unfortunately were stuck with this department and have to deal with it but it's still not ok.
it's so funny you talk so much shoot yet it's 2016 and you have your own business as a guide and you still feel the need to get caught cutting cameras off of trees of fellow guides. Do we need to post the video and pics Blake? You guys want 60 pages? Have him explain how such a model citizen got caught with his 10 year old nephew cutting cameras off of trees and driving off-road to do it
  • Like 3

Guest wdenike

it's so funny you talk so much shoot yet it's 2016 and you have your own business as a guide and you still feel the need to get caught cutting cameras off of trees of fellow guides. Do we need to post the video and pics Blake? You guys want 60 pages? Have him explain how such a model citizen got caught with his 10 year old nephew cutting cameras off of trees and driving off-road to do it

post-10217-0-08936500-1459449987.jpg

LMAO

Take care, Willie

• Like 1