Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Gun Safe

I have the BIG browning/yukon that sportsmans doesn't carry in the store anymore. It's advertised as a 54 gun. May be true if none of my rifles had scopes.

• Like 1

I was looking at the 40 gun, because I figured if I could get half what they advertise in there I would be happy and set for a while.

Hey Lance don't forget your guns are long, most safes have the shelf set with a hole on one side for just a few longer guns, I didn't have enough room for the shotguns to fit so I had to modify you may want to go with a little taller safe

• Like 2

The safe store on Indian school. Definitely worth a look. My dad bought his there and it has been great. Service was very good.

• Like 1

The few that I have looked at so far have two shelves at the top side by side that are removable. So for my really long guns I could use one side and remove that top shelf. But good call on looking out for that. Keep the suggestions coming. If I get off work in on time I'm going to check out the safe Outlet and the safe store today.

I was looking at the Fatboy jr., and now it seems pretty nice also.

The Steelwater 39gun is divided into thirds. I have two thirds for long guns and the far right side has shelves installed for my $$ optics and my pistols as well as pistols in the door mat. Fire rating is through the roof and I had a great experience with them from order through delivery.

I have had up to 18 long guns in the 2/3s of the safe with room for more. Mix of shotguns and scoped rifles.

• Like 1

I thought Cabelas had their safes made by Liberty, helps if you have gift cards, or other coupons, not to mention their credit card.

If they will do a buy 2 safe discount please pm me cause I am in the market.

The few that I have looked at so far have two shelves at the top side by side that are removable. So for my really long guns I could use one side and remove that top shelf. But good call on looking out for that. Keep the suggestions coming. If I get off work in on time I'm going to check out the safe Outlet and the safe store today.

I was looking at the Fatboy jr., and now it seems pretty nice also.

I wish I would have bought the fat boy jr. Nice safe at a good price point.

A safe is a funny thing. It either keeps all your valuables all in one place for the convenience of crooks or keeps them all secure. Any safe can be opened, with time and tools. The better ones take a lot longer to get into. I have 2 older Champion Safes and a Fort Knox I bought on here. All bolted to the floor and I have a camera trained on them. Any movement in that area, I get an email/text.

Using a 500 dollar safe to protect 10s of thousands dollars worth of items, didn't make sense to me. I might be looking to switch my smaller 2 out for one I saw at shotshow. The Browning

Prestige 62 Tall Extra Wide

cq5dam.web.250.250.jpeg

1. cq5dam.web.250.250.jpeg
  • Like 1

I got a Cannon through Home Depot delivered to my house for around $1200. They run sales at times. I'm very satisfied with it. Has both electronic and mechanical lock.

Someone mentioned gun length. My Swedish Mauser original with a 29-inch barrel won't fit, nor will my pump shotgun without breaking it down.

Additional advice: When choosing how big a safe to buy, think about more than just guns. Best binoculars, spotting scope, expensive cameras, savings bonds, passports and so on can go on the top shelf.

That Browning is very similar to the one on my short list.

I read a lot of reviews, and Cannon is out. Terrible reviews, and terrible CS when they do.

post-3803-0-54356000-1460085829_thumb.jpgjust got this in mail Costco add