Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Gun Safe

Well, it is time to add a gun safe.

I am looking to spend under $1500 if possible. I have seen a e at Sportsman's (Browning brand) that were pretty nice with some cool features like an inside the door gun rack to hold unscoped shotguns.

Anyone have leads on a safe store or other places besides Sportsman's or Cabela's? I am north central Phx. area, not looking to travel to Tucson, Flagstaff or Mesa to pick one up.

I'm in the same boat as you lance, hopefully this gets some good responses.

• Like 1

Bought a Liberty Colonial in January from The Safe Store at 27th Ave. and Indian School. Great people...family owned, so Stephanie helped me out and her nephew and brother-in-law delivered it. I like companies like that. I also love Liberty....check out some of the videos online of people busting into safes. Nothing is completely break-in proof, but some of those things were broken open in under 30secs. They gave up on Liberty's bottom end safe (revolution) after 5 minutes with two guys and two crow bars. The Safe Store also carries Browning safes as well. I highly recommend them!

• Like 1

I got mine from the safe outlet. Guy lives right across the street from me. Worth a look...

• Like 2

Has any one ever made a vault in there home that is a dream of mine

• Like 1

Look at Steelwater Gun Safes. Free garage delivery, tons of options for lock, layout, lighting etc!!

Go to tractor supply and look at theirs. I bought mine from costco made by Liberty. Costco only carries them certain times and they run out quick.

• Like 1

Online costco price includes delivery on most every safe you purchase. Garage drop.

I used to sale safes, and each company will sell you on why their safe is better than the other guys'. Fort knox builds some of the heavier safes, but they also are heavy on your wallet. The Browning safe is made by prosteel, and they are a quality safe. IMO all the higher end safes (prosteel, liberty, AMSEC,fort knox, heritage) are quality safes and it really comes down who has the better deal at the time you are ready to purchase.

• Like 1

Ok a few things to note:

Costco has good deals on safes with a decent fire rating but they use Chinese drywall. It stinks. Plan on leaving it open in the garage for a couple weeks before letting it in the house. You probably already knew that.

I got a good deal on a Liberty Colonial at the Safe Store mentioned above. Great people and they negotiate. I was able to get him down several hundred on a last years floor model, no scratches or dents. Liberty is made in America. That was big to me, it cost me 15 minutes of fire rating that I could have gotten in an equal prices foreign model. It was worth it to me. They delivered, to the garage.

• Like 2

Get a champion from Az safe outlet. Do your homework and you'll be happy! Best deal for what you get out of tour safe! Ask for Dave.