Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Are there any Grey Wolves near Forest Lakes????

A friend said she saw one this past weekend, but I didn't think their were any in that area. Anyone know if they have a pack in that area?

http://fws.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=e87092240501466abd4606dcdb50ce98

They are there! I haven't seen (or at least confirmed the sighting) of one there yet but this isn't the first map I've seen or article I've read about them being in the area. This map is the furthest West I've seen yet in that area. Last I heard they were as far as Chevelon, but this seems to go past that. I have also heard from other people in the Forest Lakes area that they have seen wolves too.

Yes they are around forest lakes, Heber, Young, even if they say they aren't. I've seen one and multiple others have seen them around here. And they are supposed to or maybe already have released more towards Chevelon in 4a

I sure would hate to mistake one for a coyote while out varmint calling.

I think they are way more wide spread than we think. I also think they were still around before the reintroduction. I've heard of stories from the Navajo of people seeing wolves and even reporting them in the as early as the 80s. Right now there are wolves on the Navajo in at least two the major ranges. I'm sure they're all over the place.

i caught one eating a elk fawn 2-years ago above rim about tonto creek. it was a very fresh kill still had warm blood puddled in the chest cavity

then last year in 22 north saw two dogs i thing were wolves trying to get a elk fawn away from its mother and she was not having it they were working as a pair trying to get mom distracted and get her young

In 2012, I saw 2 north of Knoll Lake. Watched them drop down into Leonard Canyon.

There are more than the official number.

Not trying to steal your thread,but I have a neighbor rancher that had 2 kill a yearling heifer,a month ago over by Hillside.They seen 3,2 of which had blue collars on them,1 did not.Another local has trail cam pics of one.Like it was posted,they are where they where they haven't been seen in years.

i caught one eating a elk fawn 2-years ago above rim about tonto creek. it was a very fresh kill still had warm blood puddled in the chest cavity

then last year in 22 north saw two dogs i thing were wolves trying to get a elk fawn away from its mother and she was not having it they were working as a pair trying to get mom distracted and get her young

I'm afraid I would've had to shoot them for their efforts.