Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Outdoor Edge or Havalon?

I've used Havalon for awhile now and they work awesome. Having said that I used my ol man's Outdoor Edge this past January on two deer and I liked it even better. Bought one as soon as I got back. IMO outdoor edge is a lot better for larger game such as Elk where you do more cutting by feel. Both are game changers though.

• Like 4

Both they each have their strong points. I like the havlon for the more delicate work and the outdoor edge for the times when you need something a bit stronger.

• Like 1

I meant to buy a Havalon after the elk hunt I was on but just now did a little comparison and decided to give the Outdoor Edge Razor Pro a try @ 44.00. Never even heard of it before today. Thanks for the tip. (Unless it sucks. lol)

I meant to buy a Havalon after the elk hunt I was on but just now did a little comparison and decided to give the Outdoor Edge Razor Pro a try @ 44.00. Never even heard of it before today. Thanks for the tip. (Unless it sucks. lol)

Sucker born every minute....You should know what good knives look like by now.

I quartered an entire cow yesterday with the Edge using one blade, great knife! Both are good products but I only carry the Edge now, broken too many blades on the javalon.

• Like 1

I retired the havalon due to broken blades as well. Used the edge 2 years in a row and am very happy. Any of you guys use custom knives? We have a couple really good knife builders in Payson and from what I hear you can get a season out of a good knife before sharpening.

• Like 1

I have a excellent Charles May that I adore. I use it for gutting and seperating joints. Havalon for skinning and caping.