Bobbyhcp

This is why some people don't deserve to hunt

I had a buddy screen shot this and send it to me last night these people think they killed a coues deer then even posted it on facebook! I really hope someone turns these people into the game and fish post-13733-0-42959900-1477492815_thumb.png

• Like 2

Par for the course, prim example why stupid people shouldn't breed. Just saying

This is exactly why we emphasize wildlife identification in the hunter ed classes I teach. When I teach the wildlife conservation/management section and then talk about wildlife ID, I show a couple of pics of muleys and whitetail standing side by side so they can see that both species inhabit the same areas. I share a couple of stories of guys I know who have made the honest mistake of shooting the wrong one because, when smaller, they can look alike, especially where they cohabitate. One of them, even the AGFD LEO had a hard time telling them apart and let the guy go with a written warning because he turned himself in.

This one could have been prevented by simply taking the time to know the difference. I'm sure someone will turn them in and I foresee a monetary fine on this one.

• Like 5

I'd like to say unbelievable, but it's not. That buck isn't even close to resembling a coues.

• Like 2

They obviously have no clue. This wasn't a mistake or accidental id error, this is a example of people hunting who should not be.

:angry: . Crazy how some people head out and not know the difference in what deer they are hunting!

I wonder why the hunter would be posting this on the "Broadhead Brotherhood" FB group. One would think that would be a bowhunting FB group.

I understand that is a mistake that shouldn't be made, but isnt it possible that they had an any antlered tag? Not sure which unit it was but if it's a youth hunt I think some of them are any antlered.

• Like 1

I had a buddy screen shot this and send it to me last night these people think they killed a coues deer then even posted it on facebook! I really hope someone turns these people into the game and fish attachicon.gifIMG_0017.PNG

well theyre a member of the boner brotherhood so its exactly what i would expect tbh

• Like 3