bonecollector

Draw progress

with no matter what way it is done, someone will always feel itnis unfair tina certain group. Im glad that they to try their best ti accomadte everyone jn some way shape and form. I think its fairly fair with the 20% first round pics going to points and the rest chance. it give more people chances. And the people who only want the early hunts have that choice to wait for that trophy. and some that may try for a early and late do have that opportunity. as far as rejected cards, we all know when they have to be updated and have that chance. and those that dont want to take the chance can pay early if they like. we all just have to play the rules that works best for our own unique situation. Im happy that they actually try to accomadate all. Many things dont try very hard with that. just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Id like to say I don't care but I do. However I looked once and saw nothing last Friday so I figure I didn't get drawn. Business as usual. When people with no points or 2-3 points can get drawn over a person with 15-18 points, especially when some people get drawn year after year on coveted tags, the system is seriously flawed. Yes, I'm alittle bitter ;)

Your 100% right the system is flawed.

if they would take out the bonus points system completely out and have everyone on equal terms including NON resIdents it would not be flawed.

its a lottery, some win some dont.

a bunch of years ago the clowns on AZOD and a few other boards were trying to get the G&F commision to give out extra bonus points for certain things like conservation, attending G&F meetings, Public service , There were some other stupid ones as well. all the while complaining the system wasnt fair and playing the poor poor pitiful me card. while trying to stack the deck so to speak for personal satisfaction.

A system that could allow you to go an entire lifetime without ever drawing a tag, would in my opinion, be more flawed then the one we have today.

Oh so you Want The "Everyone is a winner system" option ;)

using your logic I dont think would mathematically work if everyone put in only for a early bull rifle tag, if you really want it "FAIR" for everyone to get a chance to hunt "ELK" then maybe we could go.

Heres a perfectly fair system but you might not like it.

everyone puts in for "ELK" tag

take the 25,125 elk tags that they passed out this year

and start drawing randomly on the computer.

That will make 25,125 people get a tag. next year do it again

but only giving those who didnt draw the 1st year a tag and keep on repeating till everyone is covered then start it over.

is that fair enough? or do you want a certain unit a certain weapon a certain time and a certain sex?

but heck why stop there lets make the system even more fair for those who say they never get drawn for anything.

everyone applies to HUNT

game and fish draws for tags, this way you will have a better chance at being able to HUNT this year.

heck maybe your hoping for that once in a lifetime Ram tag and only get a Pig tag or better yet your hoping for a archery turkey tag and get drawn for a ram tag.

I personaly think this would be a much funner option. cause the reading the the forums would be funny as shoot.

besides it would help archery and muzzle loading sales. a "HUNTER" would then need to have all three types of weapons, not to mention he wouldnt know if he was going out for a elk steak or a mug pig pie. ;)

with no matter what way it is done, someone will always feel itnis unfair tina certain group. Im glad that they to try their best ti accomadte everyone jn some way shape and form. I think its fairly fair with the 20% first round pics going to points and the rest chance. it give more people chances. And the people who only want the early hunts have that choice to wait for that trophy. and some that may try for a early and late do have that opportunity. as far as rejected cards, we all know when they have to be updated and have that chance. and those that dont want to take the chance can pay early if they like. we all just have to play the rules that works best for our own unique situation. Im happy that they actually try to accomadate all. Many things dont try very hard with that. just my 2 cents

Yup someone will alway feel left out no matter what happens

Crap I am liking this idea more and more.

for cost you take all the average cost of all species both res and non res . Jim Bob from Georgia just got himself a $1200 archery turkey tag. but hey he's going hunting.

Game and fish could make BANK and we all know they need the money. its a win win for everyone.

IF the draw was to change, which I don't mond it how it is... in my opinion there are only two options.

Square BP's

Flat out luck of the draw, like NM.

"but heck why stop there lets make the system even more fair for those who say they never get drawn for anything.

everyone applies to HUNT

game and fish draws for tags, this way you will have a better chance at being able to HUNT this year.

heck maybe your hoping for that once in a lifetime Ram tag and only get a Pig tag or better yet your hoping for a archery turkey tag and get drawn for a ram tag.

I personaly think this would be a much funner option. cause the reading the the forums would be funny as shoot.

besides it would help archery and muzzle loading sales. a "HUNTER" would then need to have all three types of weapons, not to mention he wouldnt know if he was going out for a elk steak or a mug pig pie. ;)"

This would be funny as heck!! Hunting forums and Facebook would go ballistic. People would go nuts. LOL!!

This would be funny as heck!! Hunting forums and Facebook would go ballistic. People would go nuts. LOL!!

Yeah unless you were the poor SOB from South Dakota that got drawn for a yuma pheasant hunt

I think if you are a resident of over 20+ years and youve held license and applied for a soecific species it isnt unreasonable to have one premium hunt for that soecies in that timeframe. I.e a guy shouldtn get two early rifle tags to another guys zero. If they could accomodate that it would people at ease

• Like 1

I like the current system. Premium units are...PREMIUM. Hard to get drawn. Lesser units are easier to get drawn.

I like that NO MATTER WHAT, I have a chance to hunt elk EVERY year. Congrats to the guy that is LUCKY and actually pulls it off. The only thing I HATE (and it has nothing to do with the draw), is the dude that puts in for something and has no idea what it is is and the guy that gets drawn for archery bull and doesn't own a bow.

But the system itself is fine. If you want to hunt more often, put in for easier units and quit holding out for that 4b trophy tag....

• Like 4

I think if you are a resident of over 20+ years and youve held license and applied for a soecific species it isnt unreasonable to have one premium hunt for that soecies in that timeframe. I.e a guy shouldtn get two early rifle tags to another guys zero. If they could accomodate that it would people at ease

See thats the whole problem right there! we let women think. Back to the kitchen were you belong. ;)

seriously

you do realize that most of the population came to this state in early to mid 1990's, not only that then what about the guy who went to school here then went off to the military and came back.

if they could accommodate phrase scares me. everyone's got excuses especially when its self serving,

Del go back to azblastntrannies.👀

I have a tag (dont mind hinting coues every year) but would love to see my children get rilfle bull tags wen they are of age. Or mid 30's

Saying the system is flawed isn't saying that I think it couldn't be worse. I know it can. I do think it could be better too. And I for one am not asking for the "everyone wins" type of setup as that is not possible. That's just ridiculous to even mention as someone did. Perhaps a rotation type deal on premium hunts. Meaning, you get drawn for a early bull hunt, then you cant get drawn for the same one or similar one the next year or something like that.

Del go back to azblastntrannies.

I have a tag (dont mind hinting coues every year) but would love to see my children get rilfle bull tags wen they are of age. Or mid 30's

Oh please dont play the poor pitiful kids crap. if your kids dont get drawn its 100% because of you.

every hunter who gets a tag can pass that Tag to there kids (best rule ever made). I've passed every tag I have gotten to my kids since the law, before the law if I got drawn I let them shoot it. but hey that's me ;) early bull lopes north rim deer tags etc etc if I ever get a ram tag they will get it.

the problem is most parents are selfish. they only put in cow or youth hunts, or doe hunts for there kids if they even put them in.. just like the bass fishing tourny. crowd oh yeah they take there kids BLUEGILL fishing from shore BFD instead of bass fishing like their parents. kids dont want that crap they want to hunt/fish just like there dads and put stuff on the wall just like there dads.

and there cheap they dont want to spend a 135 on there kid they will be happy with a general squirrel tag save the good tags for me

I have more fun watching my kids hunt or friends kids hunt than me hunting. its a hoot and its always successful whether they tag out or not.

Saying the system is flawed isn't saying that I think it couldn't be worse. I know it can. I do think it could be better too. And I for one am not asking for the "everyone wins" type of setup as that is not possible. That's just ridiculous to even mention as someone did. Perhaps a rotation type deal on premium hunts. Meaning, you get drawn for a early bull hunt, then you cant get drawn for the same one or similar one the next year or something like that.

so what your saying is you only will be satisfied with an early bull hunt . I believe almost every hunter wants a early bull tag. mathematically it still doesnt work.

• Like 1