bonecollector

Draw progress

this is how it was for the last 3 years

in 2016 cards were hit on april 1st, it was on the portal april 13th

in 2015 it was march 20th when cc's were hit and portal was avail on april 7th

in 2014 it was it was march 20th when cards got hit and portal/phone was avail april 9th

They processed the draw tag cards on Friday; don't know if they finished or not, I didn't ask. That data then goes to the Game Branch, then the list of alternates will come back for more card processing. Those secondary cards may be done by the end of the week (24th). Probably a cpl weeks after that for portal updates but they have no way of knowing for sure.

Good to know people getting tags off rejected cards is still coming. But what in the world could possibly take them a couple weeks to get the info into the system after that? Do they have to enter everyone's results one by one? Seems like they would have a system that would just move the info over and show people who Drew and those who didn't.
  • Like 2

They processed the draw tag cards on Friday; don't know if they finished or not, I didn't ask. That data then goes to the Game Branch, then the list of alternates will come back for more card processing. Those secondary cards may be done by the end of the week (24th). Probably a cpl weeks after that for portal updates but they have no way of knowing for sure.

Good to know people getting tags off rejected cards is still coming. But what in the world could possibly take them a couple weeks to get the info into the system after that? Do they have to enter everyone's results one by one? Seems like they would have a system that would just move the info over and show people who Drew and those who didn't.

They don't know how long it will take for the reject cards because they have never done it this way, but it HAS to be significantly faster. I'd bet my left foot results are out by Friday.

That said, most companies, especially when communicating between databases, have far less automation than one would expect.

• Like 1

You just know this scene is coming......

Hunter: "hello G&F, apparently I got drawn for the best unit for elk, I have 22 bonus points but my results show that my payment was rejected. That cannot be as I just spoke to my credit card company, and it's all good."

G&F: "I'm sorry sir, there is nothing we can do."

• Like 1

Chris,

On a positive (?) note, it's my understanding that G&F isn't even going to tell you that it was a credit card problem that got you rejected, so that scenario will never happen. It's my understanding that they are going to just say "Not Drawn", rather than "Rejected", so you won't know the difference...

Chris,

On a positive (?) note, it's my understanding that G&F isn't even going to tell you that it was a credit card problem that got you rejected, so that scenario will never happen. It's my understanding that they are going to just say "Not Drawn", rather than "Rejected", so you won't know the difference...

So for a bad card they are still going to give you a bonus point unlike in the past where you lost bonus point and loyalty point?

• Like 1

Chris,

So for a bad card they are still going to give you a bonus point unlike in the past where you lost bonus point and loyalty point?

yes

As part of the new changes, you are charged for the point as part of your app fee, therefor, as long as your license was valid on the last day of the app period, you will gain a point and keep the loyalty point if your card charge is not processed. No different than if you applied for just the point.

• Like 2

That is a fantastic change. Although it will make the draw odds more difficult to figure out.

• Like 1

Does this mean they are done hitting cards

To be honest I don't think I'd want to know that I've been "drawn" and then my card rejected.

I'd rather think I didn't draw in the first place.

I would be sick.

• Like 3