bonecollector

Draw progress

I hope not or it will be another long weekend

The portal won't let me log in right now. My guess is that they will be out today.

My son just informed me that his friend who works for the G&F that 30% of the cards were denied, maybe that's why I got hit today, sucks for the 30% that they didn't call this year, ouch!!!

If a 30% rejection rate is true the problem is probably the AZGFD system. We need to send a few people from AZGFD next door to New Mexico to take lessons. They do not have that problem over there. They can run the entire fall draw for all species at once and get it done in 1 month.
This is an awesome solution to the problem. Several states take the cash up front and it's done. Don't have to worry. Then you have the side that pisses and moans about having to pay the upfront fee for the tag and then wait for money to reimbursed if they don't draw. Here's a hint if you don't have the money for the tag upfront or in your account get a job or two so you can afford your hobby. That is the problem with society. Every state in the west I put I put in for in the west takes it upfront. Most have it back in 7 days if you don't draw. Minus liberal Colorado

just called g and f office down south and a nice lady said that havent told here when it will be out but just next week some time....Go the expo this weekend and have fun...Wont be today.

My son just informed me that his friend who works for the G&F that 30% of the cards were denied, maybe that's why I got hit today, sucks for the 30% that they didn't call this year, ouch!!!

If a 30% rejection rate is true the problem is probably the AZGFD system. We need to send a few people from AZGFD next door to New Mexico to take lessons. They do not have that problem over there. They can run the entire fall draw for all species at once and get it done in 1 month.
This is an awesome solution to the problem. Several states take the cash up front and it's done. Don't have to worry. Then you have the side that pisses and moans about having to pay the upfront fee for the tag and then wait for money to reimbursed if they don't draw. Here's a hint if you don't have the money for the tag upfront or in your account get a job or two so you can afford your hobby. That is the problem with society. Every state in the west I put I put in for in the west takes it upfront. Most have it back in 7 days if you don't draw. Minus liberal Colorado
I've always been told they can't take the money first in AZ because of a state law regarding credit cards and not being able to charge them without the customer recieving a good/service.

I'm all for being able to provide a second card as backup when applying.

i agree , might better the ofds as well

Id like to say I don't care but I do. However I looked once and saw nothing last Friday so I figure I didn't get drawn. Business as usual. When people with no points or 2-3 points can get drawn over a person with 15-18 points, especially when some people get drawn year after year on coveted tags, the system is seriously flawed. Yes, I'm alittle bitter ;)

• Like 3

Id like to say I don't care but I do. However I looked once and saw nothing last Friday so I figure I didn't get drawn. Business as usual. When people with no points or 2-3 points can get drawn over a person with 15-18 points, especially when some people get drawn year after year on coveted tags, the system is seriously flawed. Yes, I'm alittle bitter ;)

Im generally not the guy getting tags year after year and I have friends that get super lucky with the draw but I don't mind the system. The trade off compared to other states that do preference points is you literally have no chance until you wait 15+ years. I would hate knowing I didn't have a chance to draw and would rather have these guys get lucky year after year as long as I can have that same little bit of a chance year after year. However I wouldn't mind some sort of 2 year wait period for guys that draw early elk hunts. I think that would help spread out the luck.

Pending,Pending,Pending....And The Wait Continues....I'm Looking at all 3 weapons , Muzzle .Bow, Rifle..Which one shall it be...Einny Minni Minne Moe....Shoot a Elk with a "Blank"

We have been over this. Go back and read the other 10,000 posts on why AZ doesn't charge up front.

• Like 3

Your 100% right the system is flawed.

if they would take out the bonus points system completely out and have everyone on equal terms including NON resIdents it would not be flawed.

its a lottery, some win some dont.

a bunch of years ago the clowns on AZOD and a few other boards were trying to get the G&F commision to give out extra bonus points for certain things like conservation, attending G&F meetings, Public service , There were some other stupid ones as well. all the while complaining the system wasnt fair and playing the poor poor pitiful me card. while trying to stack the deck so to speak for personal satisfaction.

Your 100% right the system is flawed.

if they would take out the bonus points system completely out and have everyone on equal terms including NON resIdents it would not be flawed.

its a lottery, some win some dont.

a bunch of years ago the clowns on AZOD and a few other boards were trying to get the G&F commision to give out extra bonus points for certain things like conservation, attending G&F meetings, Public service , There were some other stupid ones as well. all the while complaining the system wasnt fair and playing the poor poor pitiful me card. while trying to stack the deck so to speak for personal satisfaction.

A system that could allow you to go an entire lifetime without ever drawing a tag, would in my opinion, be more flawed then the one we have today.