Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Yes or No to the TREE STAND

I posted in the Trail Cam section about the tree stand and I am curious.......after summer goes by and the fall hunts finish up......and my late bull elk hunt arrives.......is it OK to sit in the stand if it is still hanging on the tree??? :ph34r:

post-2034-0-40149400-1494265504_thumb.jpg

That looks like a vulnerable spot. I wouldn't sit it either way. Too low and no back drop. Animals would probably see you a mile away

• Like 4

I would not sit in someone else's stand but I would not hesitate to hang my own in the same spot

• Like 2

I would not trust that one. Who knows how long it has been up, manufactur, etc.

Buy your own new and get a quality one. Your life and or future may depend on it.

• Like 5

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt right there, but I wouldn't use the stand for reasons already listed. If you like the spot put up your own stand...

• Like 1

I know nothing about tree stands and have never been in one.....just puzzles me to find this one like this.....haven't really encountered one I guess.

I would never go up that high......for fear of getting to anxious and falling out!!!

Move it higher up.

In that open woods I would be at a minimum 25'

Also use a safety harness no exceptions.

Never sit in someone else's stand without permission! Hang your own stand higher up the tree or on a differnt tree.

I have never sat in another persons stand, but I don't know if I see a problem with it. There are several reasons I wouldn't use that one though.

If it's not mine I don't touch it! I would hang yours a little higher or in the next tree.