MathewQuigly

Don't kill it

I was recently watching an outdoor show that the host came acrossed a rattle snake. His position was no need to kill it, it won't bother you if you don't bother it.

I think they should die, and this is why?

My position is yes I saw it or heard it but the next person might not or their dog or kid might be curious about it. It's preventable by killing it so why would you not if you can safely take it out. I'd really hate to see my horse or someone's in the group get bit.

I also have to tell you the last one we came acrossed I let go. I through rocks at it till it was clear of the trail and almost got nailed by its buddy who was lurking near by. Yep there was two. That's when I developed this theory.

Am I right or wrong? Why is this wrong if that's what you think?

I'm asking this is not an argument

To each their own! Ive let them by and I've killed them

• Like 4

If it is a place I plan on revisiting in the near future, I may kill them. Otherwise, I typically let them be.

My position is yes I saw it or heard it but the next person might not or their dog or kid might be curious about it. It's preventable by killing it so why would you not if you can safely take it out.

Like coyotes and most other predatory animals, another will fill its place in short order.

Unless they are in a populated area, I let them be. Even scooted them off roads and removed them from work sites. If I can safely move it, it lives. If it will not leave an area either on it's own or let me move it from where it poses a threat to people, it dies.

• Like 3

If it rattles, I let it go.

That's my sop too. Noisy ones get a pass, the quiet ones lose their heads. Natural selection at work.

• Like 1

I think the OP is still upset one night I wrapped a dead rattlesnake around his trailer hitch before he hooked up.

Just testing his situational awareness in dim light. No harm no foul.

• Like 9

I think the OP is still upset one night I wrapped a dead rattlesnake around his trailer hitch before he hooked up.

That is not even a funny joke.

Unless you are watching it happen.

• Like 1

If its way out where nobody is I leave it. Unless its big enough to cook. If its near people I skin em. No need to kill something that doesn't need to be killed.

That is not even a funny joke.

Unless you are watching it happen.

Watched with anticipatory delight.

I walked up he looks at me , with head lamp on, then looks down 2-3 times. I said what's the matter with you? I don't remember if he said look down or I just spotted it but he almost caught me in his arms. Lol

I forgot all about that, and now I remember I still owe you buddy lol