Beaton

What do you guys think?

He didn't sue the manufacturer? Must have mixed it up. I guess he sued the distributor? Sportsmans guide brand if i do recall

So he did sue someone.

PM you?? If he feels what he did was right and there was NO double lung shot then why not get on here and explain himself? Pretty simple....love to hear it!!!

• Like 1

big congrats! I would personally love to hang it on my wall and reminisce about administering the coup de gras and center punching the antler.

• Like 1

Before you guys start saying this man "stole" this bull I was behind glass watching the bull as they shot it and from what I saw was there was a bull bedded down with my two buddy's walking up on the bull they got on the bull still bedded he was spoked but didn't know where the my buddy's were so ended up stopping and looking around after trotting off around 50 yards and at this time they could get back on the bull then after making a awesome shot through the front shoulder the bull ran down the hill and bedded back down after waiting for the time being the bull stood back up then my buddy put another awesome shot on the bull and ended up dying on the spot and from the picture showing were there's an arrow in the base of the antlers you can look closely the fletching are still in the elks chest the arrow just happen to be laying across the antlers and after a few minutes I went to grab the buggy and these two men walked up started saying that the bull was there's and showed us an arrow that had blood and smelt of a gut shot and the way I look at it is if the bull was on all four legs and my buddy shot that Bull and killed it it's fair game and is his so the bullshit you guys are spreading needs to stop you obviously wasn't there so you can't say anything. By the way that man that was with my buddy who shot the bull was not a guide or anything close to one he was just a good friend who we invited to go up on our hunt with us.

This is a great reason why I don't get on these sites anymore it's just a bunch of dumb drama and the bullshit many of these people will say is stupid and pointless you want to shoot a great bull then go find one bud.

Holy run-on sentences Batman...

Batman%20Slapping%20Robin%202%2023092017

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Desert Buck, your story of you watching a bedded elk and the previous one of the guy calling it in don't jive. Not saying anything illegal took place. Just saying it could have been handled differently. I am not saying tjey knew it was shot previously, but the situation should have been traced back to the original hit and check for the original entrance/exit. A bull that is bedded could have possibly expired quickly. But jumping a wounded animal, even if fatally, could easily push the animal a long ways off. We all know this. I am sure a lot of us have experienced this. I have myself.

I have also had an animal that was shot by me taken by another person. I can't say "hunters, because there was never a second shot heard. It was across a deep canyon. Deer ran over the ridge, and I started crossing the canyon. 2 hours later I was following a blood trail and it ended next to a 2 track, where a pool was found, hair, a drag trail, 2 set of boot prints and tire tracks. So I feel the pain of the OP.

• Like 5

Before you guys start saying this man "stole" this bull I was behind glass watching the bull as they shot it and from what I saw was there was a bull bedded down with my two buddy's walking up on the bull they got on the bull still bedded he was spoked but didn't know where the my buddy's were so ended up stopping and looking around after trotting off around 50 yards and at this time they could get back on the bull then after making a awesome shot through the front shoulder the bull ran down the hill and bedded back down after waiting for the time being the bull stood back up then my buddy put another awesome shot on the bull and ended up dying on the spot and from the picture showing were there's an arrow in the base of the antlers you can look closely the fletching are still in the elks chest the arrow just happen to be laying across the antlers and after a few minutes I went to grab the buggy and these two men walked up started saying that the bull was there's and showed us an arrow that had blood and smelt of a gut shot and the way I look at it is if the bull was on all four legs and my buddy shot that Bull and killed it it's fair game and is his so the bullshit you guys are spreading needs to stop you obviously wasn't there so you can't say anything. By the way that man that was with my buddy who shot the bull was not a guide or anything close to one he was just a good friend who we invited to go up on our hunt with us.

For historic recollection...

I'm not buying this cover story, it doesn't pass the smell test. The OP's description makes sense.

Do the right thing Pat and return the meat and rack to it's rightful owner.

yeah. happens to be laying across antler explains the arrow shadow emanating from said antler not across it.

• Like 2

That arrow is not laying on the antler. It is OBVIOUSLY going through the antler.

• Like 2

That arrow laying on the horn is an optical delusion---DOH !

Sounds to me the shooter claiming the elk is trying to convince us all that it was legit . Street Magic .

IMHO ---Dirt Bags through and through !!!