Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Now What . . .

Had a friend who did that up in Cordes years ago. Went in after it and got it out. Didn't seem to be a big deal at the time.

Internal guts becoming external sounds like a gut shot. heck be dead but could be hrs or longer

Yup. And I couldn't get back there today to try and get him.

Flashlight and a GoPro or anything that will record at the end of whatever you have to shove back in there. That should give you some idea of what you're working with. Like someone already mentioned in another comment - I'd pay REAL good $$$ to see someone go in a dark hole, headfirst, with an arrow or even a firearm for that matter...

Javi's are no joke. Cocky and mean little suckers and they get my full respect. I took mine this year from 20 yards, elevated 6-8ft maybe, on a mild quartering to angle. Single lunged him and came out the other side low and back, leaving a massive hole with guts hanging out. He made a huge leap straight up in the air and then walked 15ft while dragging his intestinal tract to a bush where he laid up. The rest of the heard went back to feeding within seconds of the disturbance and wouldn't leave the area. After about 40min of quietly waiting, I started to try and spook them from the area so that my son and I could go recover him. He looked done from my vantage point, but wasn't... He got up and ended going another 25ft or so into some heavy brush. In the mean time that herd circled us up for about an hour before finally moving on. Even ended up with a baby following us like a puppy while we were relocating to another spot. They are not a weary animal, that's for sure.

I shot my archery javelina years ago at 3 yards calling them in. My arrow passed through his vitals and out the other side and back into the back leg leaving a compound fracture. That dang thing still went well over 100 before dying. I don't know how tough they are but that one didn't want to die. Good luck on getting it out of there.

• Like 1

Some of you guys have some balls. But my problem wasnt with going in there, it was going in there with a LIVE pig.

• Like 2

It's a dang stink pig, call it a kill and move on not worth getting gored over, he's dead now and real stinky, a gut shoot pig, yuk

• Like 4

It's a dang stink pig, call it a kill and move on not worth getting gored over, he's dead now and real stinky, a gut shoot pig, yuk

Yes why would you want to eat that gut shot stink pig. You havent broken any laws, yet.

• Like 1