Never tried it, but a couple of guys at work have with apparently good results. For me, I'm feeling like "Then what?".... What do you do when you've lost the weight?

I'm not obese in any sense at all, but middle age has caught up with me and I've gained about 15 pounds in the past 5 years or so. Recently I've committed myself to simply eating 'better' (watching carbs, fried foods, and sweets a little more closely) and getting just a little more active. Decent results for me so far, but it's more about living a little healthier as opposed to dieting. ;)

Good luck!

S.

Did it. Felt good. Was eating great, it stopped. Call me lazy, but I do 97% of the cooking in my family. It was difficult to.make separate meals all the time, and it got a little expensive.

The best part is, you can eat stuff that you don't think you can eat and be following the diet exactly! One of my favorite things to do was fry up some bacon, then take shredded cheese put it in the bacon until it was like a pancake flip it over take it out let it dry off. Then fry up an egg, throw your eggs and bacon avocado and a little bit of salsa on that cheese creation you just made, boom breakfast taco!

• Like 1

Your body can not be "tricked." If you want to lose weight eat less calories than you burn, that's all a keto diet is for no magic happens.

But thats not as cool as posting on social media your keto diet

• Like 5

Your body can not be "tricked." If you want to lose weight eat less calories than you burn, that's all a keto diet is for no magic happens.

Maybe you oughta look into the science behind ketogenic diets because it's a little more complicated than just operating at a calorie deficit.

• Like 2

A guy at my work is on this, he got pretty darn trimmed in 5-6 months. I started eating better a few months ago because I hit the 250lbs mark, ugh 😑. Im down 15 lbs now just by counting my calories.

But the Keto is very tempting, results fast and trimmed

What happens when you stop? Seems like a good way to yo-yo.

Friend was telling me about using it for some type of cancer...seemed to help her with that and the husband lost a bunch of weight by following same diet she was.

Inducing ketogenesis is a bit more than just reducing calories, but doesnt seem like a long-term solution. I have never believed in quick fix diets. Reducing calories and increasing exercise has always worked for me.

I have seen it work with others. Eliminating a portion of "bad carbs" is great way to change your health permanently. You are better off fat then cycling up and down by 30 pounds your entire life.

I was introduced to the Keto plan about three weeks ago.

1. Way more expensive that what I want to spend for the rest of my life.

2. Less expensive that many others I have checked out, lots of people getting their stomach tied up, etc.

3. Because it is expensive I pay dang close attention to what I eat which was the problem to start with, cookies and milk at 10:00 at night and lots of crackers to munch on while driving!

4. The list that they give you is ridiculous to interpret for my small brain...........but I was told if I paid attention to keeping the carbs end of it down, that was the most important.

Five years ago I did a very strict diet of chicken salads, chicken everything plus an exercise routine "Insanity" and I lost 25 lbs in a fairly quick manner! I did something to my elbow doing pushups and had to stop insanity and then I went back to eating crappy food.

I am back to playing full court basketball three days a week and half court the other two days of the work week. It has been fun trying to get back into shape and the motivation while spendy at this point is working at getting rid of a few pounds!

I agree wtih the idea that it just has to be a way of life and my hope is to get to the spot where I can try that again without the Keto!

• Like 1

I love it... down 28 pounds, all while eating all the steak, bacon, and meats you want

• Like 1

There are some great podcasts on this subject and yes I have done this , it really just Atkins with another name. Everything in moderation. Over the past 15 or more years we have tried to slowly make small changes to our diet at our home, we have not had a microwave in that time for one. I have had maybe 2 sodas including mix drinks in 15 years, I have had zero doughnuts in that time, I have not had fast food over , 10 I would say. A few things recently got me leaner, exercise exercise. No substitute. With that said the other things were becoming fat adapted and intermittent fasting. Fat adapted is getting your body to burn fat for fuel instead of glycogen or something like that. Keto is similar deal. So I eat keto 5 days a week then off of it for one week a month. I also avoid as much as possible sugar and carbs. I also fast regularly up to 20 hours and I mean zero food just water for that time. I tested this plan by dropping carbs below fifty grams a day for a month then fasted for twenty hours then I went for a run / hike for 21 miles and I felt great. I didn't bonk or get energy tired. I was sore and workout tired but not like from food like in the past. I'm still playing with this and learning but overall it's just short term, long term will be home cooked real whole foods and exercise simple as that. Get your workouts in and stay active and food will start to take a backseat instead of being the main focus day to day.

• Like 1

Maybe you oughta look into the science behind ketogenic diets because it's a little more complicated than just operating at a calorie deficit.

losing fat isn't complicated.

2hxyfma.jpg

• Like 5