Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Ice Coolers

Do you spend the big bucks on Coolers like Yeti, Pelican etc.... or do you buy the regular Coleman products

What do know what you think?

RTIC is the way to go. They work pretty good. I got 2 65s. One for drinks and one for ice that stays in the trailer. Normally get ice to last 6-7 days.

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't pay retail but I did jump on the big RTIC sale last year. My most and least favorite things about the coolers is durability and weight but they go hand in hand.

I use frozen water bottles mostly, after precooling overnight with frozen gallon jugs. The coolers work great for me this way and have saved me a ton of money and headaches in ice.

• Like 3

I can't really justify spending so much, I'm really happy with my Ozark though and it's about half the price. The only thing is the rubber straps that hold the lid shut will probably break some day I'm sure bit of you consider most people use them only hunting and camping and I use mine everyday at work it is holding up very well and the rubber straps can be replaced if they break.

I would love to have a pelican the latches are very strong and latches and hinges are the first thing to go on cheap coolers.

You can do well with a mid priced Coleman but many of the cheapest coolers have little or no insulation in the lids. Plus the roto molded plastic is very nice and strong.

I need something strong for the work truck cuz of all the shoot I throw in the back

• Like 3

Can't justify the expense of the pricey ones. Coleman extremes have worked just fine for me and I don't have to worry about them getting stolen sitting outside my camper while I hunt.

• Like 1

I have a Coleman with wheels and an extendable handle that was pricey and is supposed to keep ice for a week. I also have an Artic and I think the Coleman lasts longer.

• Like 2

Thank you based desertbull for initiating the great cooler buy of 2017. Or was it late 2016? All I know is I've used the shoot out of that cooler and it's sitting out back with a warm trout in it as we speak.

• Like 3

I heard great things about the rtic coolers was going to buy one but there made in china. only bummer for me.

Canyon cooler is made in flagstaff, my buddy has a few of them there great. he goes camping every other weekend in the summer with his wife and kids and a ton of friends. never need ices for 4-5 days.

I think a few archery shops carry them (the one on deer valley road and maybe Ross)

if your looking for a deal on one then you might want to buy a used one, but that would be like using trophy hunters socks ;)

• Like 1

I have several cheap coolers and 4 yeti coolers. Of my cheaper coolers I have a huge Rubbermaid that does ok. It was still around $150. I have had my yeti's keep ice in the garage in the summer for a week. Worth every penny to me. I have the lock and cable kits to thwart the crackheads.

• Like 2