bowsniper

New AZGF rule (proposed, which means it’s a done deal) about game cameras:

I'm all for it.Won't affect my hunting one bit. I am old school and don't even own a computer.

Computer? How are you on this web site?

i'm on this site and don't own a computer.. all done from cell phone
Same $hit.

A phone is a hand held computer. DUH

I love this...banning cameras from water sources is one small step in the right direction.

Restricting quads and SxS should be next on the list.

you and me both.

only thing I will miss is seeing the cool pictures over the year. but I wont miss it that much

next thing they need to do is bann escouters

What does "developed water source" mean? Man made? Im wondering about river bottoms

It explained it in the 75 page document they came out with. Anything man made whether it be metal or dirt or wood etc. Springs, natural Wallows etc are ok

It will probably be more of a camera confiscation thing as opposed to convictions. AZGFD starts yanking cams at water holes and people will stop putting them up. They aren't cheap. Selling confiscated cameras could also be another nice little source of AZGFD income.

So if a non hunter put a camera out just to see wildlife it would give the ok for g&f to steal their camera?

• Like 1

It will probably be more of a camera confiscation thing as opposed to convictions. AZGFD starts yanking cams at water holes and people will stop putting them up. They aren't cheap. Selling confiscated cameras could also be another nice little source of AZGFD income.

So if a non hunter put a camera out just to see wildlife it would give the ok for g&f to steal their camera?
You wouldn't think so, but who knows how AZGFD has in mind to manage this mess.

You wouldn't think so, but who knows how AZGFD has in mind to manage this mess.

Exactly what it will be, a mess!

Wow 6 pages of jumping to conclusions based on skimming reading. You have to read the whole thing. Then you have to go to the commission and voice your concerns in a intelligent manner. As they say over and over this is a response to people who have voiced concern. It is not over, write to all commission members, go to meetings and speak up, See you all in Tucson in march. LOL I think that the commission does read this site but, mindless yammering on this web site will not get much. IMHO of course.

• Like 1

It is not over, write to all commission members, go to meetings and speak up, See you all in Tucson in march. LOL I think that the commission does read this site but, mindless yammering on this web site will not get much. IMHO of course.

IT IS ALREADY OVER.

Good luck voicing your opinion to the commission. Five years ago about 20 of us went to commission meeting about the corn ban. (Agree or disagree, by law, the commissioners are suppose to accept public input).

After 3 hours of the commission letting others speak 10 and 15 minutes, (Sandra Bahr of the Sierra Club got 20 minutes), the Commissioners let us speak about our issue, and stipulated these special rules for us: No longer than three minutes or the microphone would be turned off; and "don't repeat any information or point that was already voiced by someone else". We started taking our turns at speaking, and then the commissioners started eating their lunch, texting, or chatting among themselves in low voices. One commissioner just got up and left. We were wasting our time speaking to the walls. I was shocked at the arrogance and disrespect to the hunters voicing their opinion. They could had at least made eye contact with the speakers.

If you think that I am making this stuff up, I'm sure that there are a few guys still on the forum that can verify.

• Like 3

That was one time and you throw up your hands and say see nobody listens. S Bahr speaks at almost every meeting she is paid to do it. But she hardly ever get what she wants but she just never gives up.

And to your issue, nobody but a few wants corn spread all over AZ to make your hunt is easy. The science of the baiting issue trumps your need to make your hunt easy. Go talk to the major hunting orgs or even Amanda. Science beats yammering.

It is still In My Humble Opinion of course.

You can change your oil every 5000 or drive it till it blows up, your choice. :mellow:

• Like 1

That was one time and you throw up your hands and say see nobody listens. S Bahr speaks at almost every meeting she is paid to do it. But she hardly ever get what she wants but she just never gives up.

And to your issue, nobody but a few wants corn spread all over AZ to make your hunt is easy. The science of the baiting issue trumps your need to make your hunt easy. Go talk to the major hunting orgs or even Amanda. Science beats yammering.

It is still In My Humble Opinion of course.

You can change your oil every 5000 or drive it till it blows up, your choice. :mellow:

You really missed the boat. My point was not corn, my point was that public input to game and fish is a pathetic fallacy.

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one brought up the discharge of arrows or bolts within the 1/4 mile stipulation. Does it only apply only if actually "hunting" ? You can't target shoot or chase rabbits and yotes in the river bottom with a bow? I remember there used to be archery bales set up at schools and parks.