bowsniper

New AZGF rule (proposed, which means it’s a done deal) about game cameras:

I'm surprised no one brought up the discharge of arrows or bolts within the 1/4 mile stipulation. Does it only apply only if actually "hunting" ? You can't target shoot or chase rabbits and yotes in the river bottom with a bow? I remember there used to be archery bales set up at schools and parks.

I was told that was the law by azgfd officer 18 years ago and wanted to shoot carp on the canal.

It is not over, write to all commission members, go to meetings and speak up, See you all in Tucson in march. LOL I think that the commission does read this site but, mindless yammering on this web site will not get much. IMHO of course.

IT IS ALREADY OVER.

Good luck voicing your opinion to the commission. Five years ago about 20 of us went to commission meeting about the corn ban. (Agree or disagree, by law, the commissioners are suppose to accept public input).

After 3 hours of the commission letting others speak 10 and 15 minutes, (Sandra Bahr of the Sierra Club got 20 minutes), the Commissioners let us speak about our issue, and stipulated these special rules for us: No longer than three minutes or the microphone would be turned off; and "don't repeat any information or point that was already voiced by someone else". We started taking our turns at speaking, and then the commissioners started eating their lunch, texting, or chatting among themselves in low voices. One commissioner just got up and left. We were wasting our time speaking to the walls. I was shocked at the arrogance and disrespect to the hunters voicing their opinion. They could had at least made eye contact with the speakers.

If you think that I am making this stuff up, I'm sure that there are a few guys still on the forum that can verify.

I remember watching that particular meeting online. What a joke it was

• Like 1

Bowsniper is right. They will do exactly what they want with no regard to anything someone else says. I have been down that road at a meeting in Buckeye several years ago. It is exactly the reason I could give a hoot about what is being done now. They are going to do exactly what they want. They have a protocol they have to follow but if they want this it is done already regardless.

• Like 1

So they can legally confiscate trail cams around water sources. It might put a stop to the thousands of guide cameras in trophy units where there are 20 on each tanks sending instant photos.

Dang i said this last year on a F.B. post where someone mentioned this proposal and you should have seen the sharks attack! Many of said Guides are on this forum.

I'm not worried about any fish cop finding my cams...

Never had a g & f on any of my cameras!

• Like 2

They don't do much about people lag bolting camera boxes to trees,wonder what the enforcement effort will be on this new plan..

Who the heck has access to live satellite feeds?? Elon Musk?? :huh: Cell cameras use cellular towers not satellite, I'm I correct?? And this is why we don't want more government in our lives.

• Like 2

All current cell cameras on the market are NOT live action cameras. All have a delay. It can be a few seconds or a few minutes for the picture to transmit.

I use them from time to time, but it's not usually around water. Sometimes on a trail, or a suspected area I want to check out. (Or on the water I put in the field- 25 gallon tanks work wonders)

But this is over reach. Anyone can see that. And what's with that whole Google Earth thing? That's just stupid. That can't be right.

Either way this isn't enforceable.. but what someone on this thread earlier said it's going to give folks the thoughts that they can do whatever they want when they find cameras near water holes.

It would be a great day, when all trail cams are outlawed.

"Snapshot" doesn't like cameras?

Haters gonna hate