Sign in to follow this  
Chris

No cams on water by G&F.....coming soon.

these are all good points that should be presented to the Commission and see what the department's response will be.

I think unit 9 elk has a lot of abusers as well.

Sweet. So one of my top 3 favorite things to do is banned. I like how there's no way to establish intent of the cam so if you're just using it for fun and not hunting they'll just steal your cam off water?

They made your other two favorite things legal? Heroine and hookers...

• Like 2

Sweet. So one of my top 3 favorite things to do is banned. I like how there's no way to establish intent of the cam so if you're just using it for fun and not hunting they'll just steal your cam off water?

At least they didn't ban your beloved massage parlors. :ph34r:

Why punish the OTC archery hunters in the 30 units who are happy to shoot a 2 point off of water?

It doesn't ban killing a two-point off of water; it bans using a trail camera to that end. ;)

The more I consider this rule, the more I realize how it doesn't mean much. As I interpret things, it doesn't say using the cams on water is entirely illegal unless they can prove that a camera belongs to a particular successful hunter. It's written in a way that suggests they have certain violators in their sights. If the fish n'game put in the time and effort they can get violators whom they target.

The more I consider this rule, the more I realize how it doesn't mean much. As I interpret things, it doesn't say using the cams on water is entirely illegal unless they can prove that a camera belongs to a particular successful hunter. It's written in a way that suggests they have certain violators in their sights. If the fish n'game put in the time and effort they can get violators whom they target.

And every gomer pyle will confinscate all the cameras they find. "Citizen's arrest!!!"

• Like 1

Reread the statute again. There is nothing about a "particular successful hunter" mentioned. Pay specific attention to the words in RED and then refer to the game laws for the definitions of "taking" and "aiding." Also note that the wording says "wildlife," i.e. that's not just deer and elk. That can include quail, waterfowl or even predators. So a "tag" is not a prequisite for a citation.

5. A person shall not use any trail camera, or images from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of the outer perimeter of a developed water source.

I guarantee a lawyer helped write the rule and it was written like this on purpose. To you and I it may be confusing but to an attorney it is called wordsmithing. Vagueness leaves open the door of interpretation.

• Like 1

Reread the statute again. There is nothing about a "particular successful hunter" mentioned. Pay specific attention to the words in RED and then refer to the game laws for the definitions of "taking" and "aiding." Also note that the wording says "wildlife," i.e. that's not just deer and elk. That can include quail, waterfowl or even predators. So a "tag" is not a prequisite for a citation.

5. A person shall not use any trail camera, or images from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of the outer perimeter of a developed water source.

Whatever. I think you are interpreting the law the way you want without considering the scenario in which an official connects a hunter to a camera. It doesn't say no cameras at water holes. Just not for the taking or aiding in taking game. So the official would need to know that a person is using a camera for taking game or any other purpose. That would require more than s just busting people for hanging cameras at water holes. I think this law will allow officials to target certain individuals.

Game & Fish will have a difficult time getting convictions IMO. Should G&F go into confiscation mode @ water, I think G&F could be easily set up for a lawsuit by a lawful trailcam user.

• Like 1